Travis Perkins

So I have tried twice now over the past 4 or 5 months to get a job as an Hiab driver.
Travis Perkins now & again place an ad to which I apply.

Twice now I’ve had the same reply in two different yards.

I think it’s a good way of saying no!
What do you think? See for yourself.

Thank you for your interest in working for the Travis Perkins Group. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we are no longer able to continue recruiting for this role and won’t be able to take your application any further.

However, this does not mean that we feel your skills and experience are not relevant, it simply means that the position you had applied for now no longer exists.

I will let you know, I have applied to TP for same position Friday.

More like the driver who was leaving found the grass and trucks weren’t greener but a dark blue and worse :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You didn’t get the job, and we can’t be arsed to give you a personal response!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldn’t read anymore into it mate, other than someone else beat you to it…

Dodged a bullet anyway. Rubish pay an over the top health an saftey rules.

m_attt:
Dodged a bullet anyway. Rubish pay an over the top health an saftey rules.

YOU MUST NOT GET ON THE BED OF THE TRUCK AT ANY TIME :imp:

Is there a building merchant that is decent to work for?
I had thought TP was best out the bad bunch?

Nighthawk.:
Is there a building merchant that is decent to work for?
I had thought TP was best out the bad bunch?

Nope jewsons are better staff seem more happier
Selco are bad as they use ivecos

Maybe the answer lies here bbc.co.uk/news/business-37701427

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thought TP had announced mass closures of branches not long back,may explain things.

Oh that’s not so good. Best steer clear of TP - had thought they were doing well with all the new houses etc.

I understand that jewsons like to send you up north for a residential week education course :open_mouth:

Still I’ll keep trying to find away in to the mad world of direct employment.

Thanks for the replies :grimacing:

Remember that Builders Merchants are not the only Class 2 HIAB gig…

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=136558

I get the feeling that TP are pretty good to work for with all the benefits, money isn’t great but the hours are pretty much set in stone, so you know your finishing time most days.

I’ve been on for DHL/Travis at Brackmills RDC for 3 months now & most shops/depots we deliver to seem happy.

I believe that the 600 depots/stores that are closing are because they are being amalgamated (word of the day [emoji6]) they own CPS, PTS, Benchmark, Wickes, Keyline, Tile Giant, Tool station, CCF, Rudridge, City Heating & a lot of these stores are next to each other on small industrial estates. No body seems worried at DHL, as we are still delivering to all the stores or to 3 or 4 different brands in one location.

Most people that I speak to at the stores seem to have been with TP for a long time, so it can’t be all bad.

I send them my cv nd they replied im high potential candidate? Lol

TruckerYaser:

Evil8Beezle:

TruckerYaser:

Haha thought so… think they try to play mind games so we end up waiting for nothing.