Travelling to train in artic

Basically 2 start training offer training in auto artic but only in Portsmouth not their Reading branch - which would have been my local. disapointing but I like the company and I’m not sure whether to travel at least an hour a day to Portsmouth. I’m edging towards doing it.
I can’t find anywhere else near me that offers it in an artic, only wag and drag which I’m not keen on the idea -purely because if I’m paying all this money for my license I want to be prepared to drive an actual artic!

Any advice or opinions welcome.

Cheers

I can tell you that many of our candidates travel an hour and more each way. A similar number choose to take advantage of our free residential offer.

If you have made up your mind that you like the company, it’s worth the effort to travel to them IMO.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

This reinforces my thinking
thanks Peter.

Could save a hour a day by just doing the training in a manual.

I’m going to be travelling an hour each way for my cat c training just because I feel they are the training company for me. It’s my hard earned cash and I will spend it on the right trainer, and with what I’m happy with.

Just think, will you be kicking yourself if you decide against traveling for the sake of 2 hours a day to just fail on gears, £50 in diesel against £300 ish on retraining and retest, I know which I would rather spend my money on

You live an hour away from the artic?

Thanks for the replies.

if you train near home on a manual gearbox then you will get a little insight as to how the engine/vehicle reacts when the wrong gear is selected or different type of start is made, some will labour on slowly until recovered others will die and stall there and then, also a sharp knap or tight turn will sometimes need a down shift of two or more gears to prevent stalling, even an automatic cannot always overcome these without help, I would imagine moving from a manual to an auto would be easier than the other way around, especially with the multitude of different gearboxes out there, but this is only my thoughts on it, I played many a tune on a new gearbox in my younger days, and even liked the eaton twinsplit, but once on the autos life was more relaxed especially in heavy traffic, I like the auto box some don’t but once you have mastered its little foibles they will preform well enough,

Trailer Training near winchester have an auto artic, it’s a bit closer, great bunch of guys too