Travel time to and from work?

What sort of time do you feel is reasonable to get to work every day?

I’ve been cold calling and dropping my cv into places that are about 20-25 mins drive. But if nothing comes up, where do i set the next limit?

Depends if it’s nights out, short or long days. I’m lucky I’ve never travelled more than 15 mins to work and I’ve been at it for 34.yrs now but say 45 would be a cut off point.

For me personally I’d do an hour each way for a tramping job I loved. 15 minutes for a daily commute which is what I used to do. Currently its about 20 minutes each way and I’m out all week which suits me.

Professionally, I’ve had more than one contract that’s said along the lines of ‘should we move and we move to 45 minutes commute of you, we expect you to come with us’ but at the end of the day its up to you. For me it’s not just fuel costs and tyres its dealing with morning and evening spanners on the road.

A.

I’ve got a 30/35 minute commute but it’s only 13 miles, all country roads and little villages. I’ve always said I’m prepared to do 30 mins a day, but for the right tramping job I’d probably push upto 2 hours (would have to be a really good job to go for that amount though and no nights at home midweek)

I’m roughly 20 minutes, 10.2 miles even I think that’s too far :laughing:

I used to know a guy that commuted from Cupar to Bellshill every day. That’s like 2hrs 40 mins per day, 5 days a week your wasting from your life to go to a job ffs :unamused:

Between 20 and 30 minutes for me dependent on time and it 12 miles, country lanes. Tramping all week would do over an hour for right job, if I tramped :smiley: .

4hrs in a focus st :smiley:

Thetaff2:
4hrs in a focus st :smiley:

What’s that 2 hrs driving and 2 hrs waiting for the recovery truck Taff :smiley:

Remind me of your truck reg I waved at you the other day at Asda Avonmouth and it wasn’t you, I had a funny look off the driver !!

Not there anymore pal left about 3 months ago

Thetaff2:

Shame I thought you liked it, something better come along or can’t say ? I’m at Asda now by the way.

20 minuites in the morning about 45 to get home

I’m roughly 20 minutes, 10.2 miles even I think that’s too far :laughing:

Same here.

I use to travel to and from work over 2h each way, 1h unpaid each way. 10 years. Never again. So many days of my life wasted.

Currently drive 30 miles each way which is around 1 hour a day which I don’t consider excessive. It might be two hours out of the day, but it’s still cheaper than living closer to work.

We’ve got guys at our place that drive from all reaches to work there. I can just about get a ■■■ in, in the time it takes me to get there.

PaulNowak:
We’ve got guys at our place that drive from all reaches to work there. I can just about get a ■■■ in, in the time it takes me to get there.

Does he work with you? :open_mouth:

Guffaw

bald bloke:

Thetaff2:

Shame I thought you liked it, something better come along or can’t say ? I’m at Asda now by the way.

Was in your old place not so long back,quite a few EE’s in there,and the girl in the office.
Hows that gig going at asda??
Needed a change pal,it’s not so bad early days though.

Thetaff2:

bald bloke:

Thetaff2:

Was in your old place not so long back,quite a few EE’s in there,and the girl in the office.
Hows that gig going at asda??
Needed a change pal,it’s not so bad early days though.

Yeah some good looking girls work there and they’re missed :wink: New job is sound it’s basically a good safe secure job, hopefully it’ll see me out. Good luck with the new venture Taff.

Thank you same to you my friend

2hrs at a push :wink: 140mile each way 4on 4off with nights out so only commute twice a week being doing this now for 11years but it’s getting harder to face the drive up each week but needs must