Transprt training acadamy

Does anyone know anything, good or bad, about the Transport Training Academy in Atherton?

I’ve been passed a few times and spoke to them, they seem a decent bunch but after my class 2 experience I suppose you can never be sure eh?

Thanks chaps :stuck_out_tongue:

They are part of the independent LGVHGV training supplier network which was set up by Sean of EP LGV training and I have never come across any negatives for any of those on that network so perhaps that is a good point

timmo29:
Does anyone know anything, good or bad, about the Transport Training Academy in Atherton?

I’ve been passed a few times and spoke to them, they seem a decent bunch but after my class 2 experience I suppose you can never be sure eh?

Thanks chaps :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi timmo29,

I’ve had a look at their website:

:arrow_right: http://www.ttacademy.com/index.html

I’m a freelance instructor, so I looked at “the team” and found that I’ve had good dealings with a couple of them in the past when they worked at other firms/providers.
I have no present connection with TTA in Atherton but IMHO, you’re on safe ground if you book a course with them.

Gentlemen,

My gratitude as always. Praise to the internet for having the opportunity to pick some very experienced and well respected brains!

One more question if I may…Will any time spent behind the wheel of their full size Scania count towards my periodic training?? :slight_smile: :question:

timmo29:
One more question if I may…Will any time spent behind the wheel of their full size Scania count towards my periodic training?? :slight_smile: :question:

Practical periodic training will only count if you are already in the LGV periodic system and the trainer has the course approved for it

Such a course will be a little more expensive to cover the dcpc aspects of it

My CPC card ‘expires’ on the 5th June 2017. Am I right then in assuming that I have to complete 35 hours of periodic training by then or I will lose my card?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Absolutely. You need to complete 35 hours of periodic training within 5 years of the expiry date. You may well be able to get a couple of days (14hrs) if you go to a trainer who has these courses approved for driver cpc.

We have had all LGV courses approved for driver cpc since the beginning of June and I’m amazed at their popularity.

Always worth asking the question.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Some clever LGV training schools have a 7 hour dcpc course approved for ‘driver training’ and that 7 hours can be used as many times as it will fit into a course …

For a 5 half days 1 to 1 course that 7 hours can be used twice for 1 driver (14 hours)

For a 5 full days 2 to 1 course that 7 hours can be used 4 times for EACH of the 2 drivers (28 hours each)