Transporting Fireworks?

m4rky:
Dave thanks very much for the answer

Its a shame really that this is not explained to the driver before he/she finds stuff like this is the trailer

At least I know for the future :slight_smile:

As Dave mentioned above, the main thing I remember from my ADR course was along the lines of “It’s not upto you - it’s not your job” for most questions regarding ‘is this adr?’…

Literally, if a company told you to take a tanker full of petrol, and told you it wasn’t ADR, you’d be ok, the company’d DGSA would be the one in prison hoping the soap is on a string :laughing:

Feel free to correct me Dave or anyone else of course…

Driveroneuk:
Hmmm, the plot thickens. Seems Mr Y has chosen to delete the story.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14400

It’s hard to believe that was nearly seven years ago!

Paul

waynedl:

m4rky:
Dave thanks very much for the answer

Its a shame really that this is not explained to the driver before he/she finds stuff like this is the trailer

At least I know for the future :slight_smile:

As Dave mentioned above, the main thing I remember from my ADR course was along the lines of “It’s not upto you - it’s not your job” for most questions regarding ‘is this adr?’…

Literally, if a company told you to take a tanker full of petrol, and told you it wasn’t ADR, you’d be ok, the company’d DGSA would be the one in prison hoping the soap is on a string :laughing:

Feel free to correct me Dave or anyone else of course…

Hi Wayne,

You’re just about spot-on there mate. :smiley:

The only part that’s not quite correct is the bit about the DGSA, because a DGSA’s remit is to advise the various participants on ADR compliance.

Whether the participants actually appoint a DGSA and follow his/her advice is up to them, but in any case ADR says that the participants are still responsible.