Transport to Marrakesh!

Hello! Im doing a transport to Marrakesh in june. Is there anything special i should think about? Anyone who knows if there are any good parking between Tanger-Marrakesh? Best Regards Anders, Sweden!

Make sure your air con is working :slight_smile:
Stock up with bottled water while still in Europe. Be ready to spend few days at the customs. Learn how to strip all the trim and upholstery in the cab - for the case of thorough inspection upon return to Europe. When there check the seals/locks/boxes/undercarriage every so often - for hidden “parcels”. Drive carefully - fine layer of fine sand on tarmac is worse than ice.
When on the ship or in the port on the Spanish side befriend another driver heading to Morroco with some more experience, he’ll give the best advice. Look out for Davies Turner, Stoptrans, Maes, Zenit… and of course fixemer, lkw walter resp. their subcontractors.

Thanks for the answer. I will look after people with more experince on the Spanish side. My air-con is working great :sunglasses: Hope its better weather down there. Rain and +7 degrees here in Sweden today :frowning: Best Regards Anders turnetransport.se

Get Micke to go Anders, it’s too much hasle! Hows life with Mr Bollhem?

Hello there :sunglasses: Everything is great with Micke! What about you? Everything ok? What are you doing at the moment? Any tour booked this summer? The trip to Marrakesh will be fun and exciting. My first trip there.

Yeah all good at the moment, don’t know what’s happening in the summer at the mo but we have plenty of our own work,
EST are not that busy at the moment! As for Morocco last went around 4 years ago & as Homofaber said the customs can be a pain, & you are never left alone in Tangiers with all the little sods trying to get money out of you! As most trucks leaving Tangiers for Spain are either empty, fridges or garments & are easy to fully examine by unloading on the bays & checked the sight of a full load of technical road boxes doesn’t go down to well!
We spent 2 days waitng for the scanner machine to be fixed because we wouldn’t allow them to unload the cases!
We then found out the scanner never works they left us to sweat for 2 days half expecting us to abandon the trucks if we had stored drugs in the back!
Anyway enjoy yourself out there- Israel & Russia last year, Morocco this year! Where next year?

Hello out there! If anyone is interested of pictures from the trip to Marrakesh you will find them on turnetransport.se

The trip went well. The road down to Marrakesh was good. All the best / Anders

Some amazing pics in there Anders.

Thanks. :smiley:

Excellent photos Anders :sunglasses: I used to see loads of those overloaded old Ivecos/Transits coming down from France buying tickets for the ferry out of Algeciras/Tarifa to North Africa on the A7 near La Linea, never ceased to amaze me!

Nice ferry too :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Fanatstic, its great to see somewhere different.

Many thanks. :smiley:

Great snaps - that massive dusty truck park ,is that the new Tangiers customs ?

fantastic pics really enjoyed them, where does that ferry sail from/to looks more like a luxury cruise liner?

Brilliant pictures. You know you have gone somewhere different when you see road signs to Casablanca and are sharing a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ with a camel! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

welshboyinspain:
where does that ferry sail from/to looks more like a luxury cruise liner?

That ferry toward the end of the pics is the Kiel to Oslo ferry, it says so above the picture.