Transport Planner job in northampton/miltonkeynes/bedford

Hi just wanted to know if anybody knows of any transport planner, or transport manager jobs goining in the following area Northampton, Milton Keynes or Bedford. I’m currentley working as a class 1 driver doing day work, I’v been doing this for about 3 years but i was doing planning work before this. I got into driving because i wanted to learn as much about the industry as possible, So now i believe i have a good working knowledge of the industry from different aspects. can anyone help !!!

Many Thanks

If there is nothing in Northampton, Bedford or Milton Keynes have you considered looking at Ipswich, Derby or Worcester? It wouldn’t be too far to travel because it’s only like an inch on a map. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
If there is nothing in Northampton, Bedford or Milton Keynes have you considered looking at Ipswich, Derby or Worcester? It wouldn’t be too far to travel because it’s only like an inch on a map. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds a lot like our planners except not sure wether our planners are old enough to drive yet so therefore probably have never even looked at a map before.

HJ, I think that you would be very fortunate, to find any Road Haulage Company that would take on anyone from outside their company, as Traffic Planners. It being the first step on the ladder to possible managerial positions in that company.
I feel sure that companies like ESL–Norbert Dentressangle–Knights of Old, ( and others), which are in your area, would not consider an application for such a post, from anyone outside their own Driver Pool. They being drivers who are used to that company,s “modus operandi”.
Your best bet would be to contact those companies directly. That way you will soon get an answer to your question. I wish you well in your quest, but with the best will in the world, I do not hold out any great hopes of success for you…

Buycrider:
HJ, I think that you would be very fortunate, to find any Road Haulage Company that would take on anyone from outside their company, as Traffic Planners. It being the first step on the ladder to possible managerial positions in that company.
I feel sure that companies like ESL–Norbert Dentressangle–Knights of Old, ( and others), which are in your area, would not consider an application for such a post, from anyone outside their own Driver Pool. They being drivers who are used to that company,s “modus operandi”.
Your best bet would be to contact those companies directly. That way you will soon get an answer to your question. I wish you well in your quest, but with the best will in the world, I do not hold out any great hopes of success for you…

nope,at our esl depot we had a 28 yr old girl planning with no driving experiance,we have a ex chill loader planning with no driving experiance,lad being trained up who just booked jobs in or out with no driving experiance,one driver who got put in office due to accidents, and 2x ex drivers.
i always said they missed a trick when they got rid of all those 65 yr olds a few years ago,years and years of job knowledge wasted :unamused: :unamused: ,

stobart crick think were looking
just keep checking stobart website …our just ring training number and ask