Transport minister no to 50

this weeks commercial motor the transport minister has replied to a letter from cm asking to raise the speed limit, no chance, :cry: so stick to 40 on single carriageway rds, (hope he gets stuck behind me when i have one of those “obey the speed limit days” :confused: :confused: ) so for those who like to go a little quicker keep your eyes peeled for the revenue earners (safety partener vans :confused: )

Are you really surprised, in the present political climate where the whole road safety message is to slow down and the Government is lobbied by so called road safety groups, (really anti car and truck groups).
The best way to protest about this is to stick to 40mph, that’ll really wind them up.

personally im glad 40 is plenty at 44 tonnes and if your on the clock why rush okay im paid the same every week but the stopping distance is so much more
which will lead to more accidents what does puzzle me is though speed limiters were introduced as a safety device 10 years down the line the goverment cant produce any figures to say whether or not they have lead to a decrease in accidents ill bet its lead to increase

This is a decision I wholeheartedly agree with. I dont normally agree with Labour policy or any government to be honest.

I have always stated that 40 is fast enough to get to a delivery, I dont want some bloke in a rush to get to a cafe doing 50 plus mph coming towards me on the wrong side of a road, because he is late for his booking slot.

Relax, take your time and earn more money.

Think of Vinces sausage analogy :stuck_out_tongue:

Relax, take your time and earn more money.

errr, not always the case. We are on bonus for kms travelled & work done, & weekend work is paid on productivity only.

Now before you all start wielding the legality brush, its a VERY large multi-national company, who should know what they’re about. Every tacho chart is analysed.

malcn:
this weeks commercial motor the transport minister has replied to a letter from cm asking to raise the speed limit, no chance, :cry: so stick to 40 on single carriageway rds, (hope he gets stuck behind me when i have one of those “obey the speed limit days” :confused: :confused: ) so for those who like to go a little quicker keep your eyes peeled for the revenue earners (safety partener vans :confused: )

Err, no. For me it is always now stick to the speedlimits. I managed to pick up two NIPs within a couple of months of each other this summer and now only have 2 left before I loose my licence. And I like my job. And I like my licence too :laughing: :laughing:

i for one would like to see the speed limit raised for us but have to admit that some roads we should not be travelling at more than forty and perhaps less at certain times of the day, however an assesment of the roads could be done if enough requests were made by the relevant industry bodies.

Driveone…your bosses are taking the p…it is illegal for any company to pay a bonus which relates to a mileage/speed situation…just because they are a big conglomorate doesnt mean they know all the rules…maybe they tell their drivers that…and if they were that good they would put the bonus on the basic wage…a lot of companies pay bonuses…attendance allowance etc for cost cutting measures…for when it come to holiday pay…they pay you a lot less.only the basic wage…which is why they dont offer these bonuses as part of your wage…but correct me if i`m wrong…i dont think i am…
have a nice day

It’s the difference in car and truck limits over there that cause the chaos :exclamation: The limits here are the same for all vehicles and hold ups are rare, rear end collisions are also rare. :exclamation: