Transport manager CPC

I have the Transport Manager qualification from almost 2 years ago. I am a driver. I have tried for a few jobs as a TM but without success. I don’t have any experience working in a transport office and without experience no one seems very interested or someone else comes along who has the required experience. I also live in a fairly rural area…west of Swansea so not that many opportunities around. Anyway, I was told by someone that it’s quite possible to find transport operation who are looking for people with the required TM CPC qualification and you can offer your services to them. Has anyone here done this kind of thing and how does one go about finding these operations in search of a TM? Thank you.

If I was you I would keep looking for a transport office job maybe a planner or office ■■■■■ and do that for a couple of years first. get a bit experience.
Alot of responsibility doing a external transport manager with zero TM experience.

Themoocher:
If I was you I would keep looking for a transport office job maybe a planner or office ■■■■■ and do that for a couple of years first. get a bit experience.
Alot of responsibility doing a external transport manager with zero TM experience.

That’s also also a problem as I can’t even get that.

Any transport operation looking for an external TM is likely to do what they want, and not listen to you, but it will be you who ends up in front of a tribunal, you may even find your bit of paper is stamped on the back as Lost Repute. Buy a nice frame and hang the certificate in the hall as a talking point for friends and neighbours.

There is a Traffic Commissioner on these forums, they will maybe tell you of the pitfalls of this practice. :neutral_face:

Wheel Nut:
Any transport operation looking for an external TM is likely to do what they want, and not listen to you, but it will be you who ends up in front of a tribunal, you may even find your bit of paper is stamped on the back as Lost Repute. Buy a nice frame and hang the certificate in the hall as a talking point for friends and neighbours.

There is a Traffic Commissioner on these forums, they will maybe tell you of the pitfalls of this practice. :neutral_face:

Who is the commissioner? I’ll ask him.

Fragonard:

Wheel Nut:

Who is the commissioner? I’ll ask him.

His name is Nick Denton and goes under traffic commissioner. He is the TC for West Midlands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try even bus companies for a start.

WheelsofCardiff:
Try even bus companies for a start.

Different CPC for passenger transport.

Your research STARTS here:
movingon.blog.gov.uk/2014/06/30 … ibilities/
There is a place for external managers, but there are big beasts, with sharp teeth, looking for scape goats. Don’t volunteer, unless you reckon you know more than Cowboys’R’Us Trucking (not LTD at all).
The certificate is only the starting point to being a manager.

Mmm, if the OP is finding it a challenge in actually finding a TM ‘Agency’ and several appear after a basic web search, then how well will that reflect when the operator asks a question slight off base of the TM exam? That could be embarrassing for both.