Transport Manager CPC refresher courses

Can anyone recommend a good online provider for a Transport Manager CPC Refresher course please.

Looking for a course that will also count towards DCPC.

Many thanks

Some people have their courses approved by JAUPT so offer standard DCPC, for other courses you MAY be able to get DCPC hours under the “Free 14 hours” rule, but you have to clear that with DVSA via an email

As much as I despise them I did mine with the RHA, counted 14 hours towards dcpc

You don’t need to refresh a transport manager CPC, they are gained by grandfather rites or by passing the exam. The you are a qualified transport manager and can be listed on the O’license. driver CPC needs to be renewed every 5 years.

I see lots of people who are told by the TC to take a TM Refresher, either because they’ve “had a spot of bother” or have been out of the TM business for a while. It’s become a very common instruction from OTC.

Was speaking to someone last week who was going to do one, apparently they had to do it for FORS :unamused:

It’s not just for FORS, the TC frequently instructs Operators to complete a refresher, the difference for FORS operators is that they need to complete a TM Refresher which is specifically approved by FORS for their members. Refreshers are a lot more common these days than people might imagine.

backload:
You don’t need to refresh a transport manager CPC, they are gained by grandfather rites or by passing the exam. The you are a qualified transport manager and can be listed on the O’license. driver CPC needs to be renewed every 5 years.

Not a legal requirement to refresh but dvsa are asking for it more and more especially on new operator licence applications. Often an undertaking to be done with in a period of time from application

I did mine with Dave Robbins in Exeter. He was brilliant and I learned a lot.