Transport for london Fine

Was in London 25.02.08 around Lewisham 9.00am and as usual in London was in slow moving traffic,unaware that a camera had spotted me driving into a yellow hatched box and remained stationary for 6 seconds so i got a fine for £120, but if paid within 14 days i could pay £60, wow thats was nice of them, so they are charging me £10 per SECOND, this is the rate of pay i would like please, but upon receipt of asked proof ( Photos ) i was not blocking no junction and cannot clearley define were the hatched area finishes so was my vehicle actually in it or just over hanging it.
This has got to be the biggest con for drivers to pay such heavy fines when you are busy watchin the space in front just in case some twerp in a bmw or jag pulls in front of you anyway the battle is still on as i refuse to pay… :angry: :angry: :smiling_imp:

Whizz:
Was in London 25.02.08 around Lewisham 9.00am and as usual in London was in slow moving traffic,unaware that a camera had spotted me driving into a yellow hatched box and remained stationary for 6 seconds so i got a fine for £120, but if paid within 14 days i could pay £60, wow thats was nice of them, so they are charging me £10 per SECOND, this is the rate of pay i would like please, but upon receipt of asked proof ( Photos ) i was not blocking no junction and cannot clearley define were the hatched area finishes so was my vehicle actually in it or just over hanging it.
This has got to be the biggest con for drivers to pay such heavy fines when you are busy watchin the space in front just in case some twerp in a bmw or jag pulls in front of you anyway the battle is still on as i refuse to pay… :angry: :angry: :smiling_imp:

So, the prospect of a fine is still HANGING OVER you :unamused: :wink:

… sorry :blush: :blush: I could not resist that…

Whizz:

I also got done for this in Woiolwich.
I rang them up and asked em for proof they said i could pay £10 to get a dvd of me in the box, so i sent of for the DVD, i am still waiting they used the £10 towards my fine, in the end i just paid the fine before the 14 days was up.

i was offered the same £10 for a dvd i can buy 50 blank dvds for that wot another rip off, or i could make an appointment to go and watch it, are they havin a laugh or wot

Oh yeah the fine is for the owner of the truck not the driver,so you don’t legally have to pay it your firm does.

Cheers mate will try that , but got a funny feeln will be lookin for another job if i dont cough up :blush:

Whizz, frankly I’d suggest that you’d be a fool not to ‘appeal’ it, even if you have subsequently paid the penalty.

Let’s examine the scenario. :wink: You were in a stop/start situation in a vehicle reliant upon air pressure to both activate, and release, the brakes. The pressure in the air tanks had become depleted (due to usage). Attempting to move off with depleted air pressure could have put undue strain upon the transmission system resulting in the failure of a half-shaft/prop shaft, which would have rendered the vehicle immobile, thereby blocking the road until recovery could be arranged.

Those six seconds were essential to ensure that the vehicle could continue safely, and not incur significant repair expenses. :open_mouth:

It’s the cost of a letter and a stamp. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I feel a fine for beng only stationary for “6 seconds” is a little HARSH

But setting that aside for a moment

If I recall the highway code correctly ( The highway code says )

if turning (usually right)
You are permitted to enter and wait in the painted box(area), provided that your exit is clear.

If going directly ahead…
you must wait outside the perimeter of the painted area
until such time as it is possable to proceed (and complete’ly clear) the painted area.

I agree about the highway code :stuck_out_tongue:

twerp in a bmw or jag pulls in front of you anyway

You forget that these twerps are the ones earning £10 per second and can afford the fines, it is their personal congestion charge :wink:

Pay up and stop whinging after you got caught

I have appealled against the fine and awaiting the outcome, i would not hesitate to pay the fine if i was deliberatley blocking the junction or causing an obstruction, but i clearley wasn,t , the traffic in front had moved so i proceeded i had clearded the junction but must have just had the rear of the vehicle in the boxed area but this was only for SIX Seconds, so yes i would have paid upand not whinged as you so gladly put it, but if you think that this is a justifiable fine for the amount of time i was alledgelly parked in the area you must have lots of money to spare :slight_smile: