Transport Firm depots providing parking

Anybody aware of any in any parts of Devon and Cornwall?

I had my own quiet little corners around those areas to date, and with zero problems so far, but for last year to 18 months or so, I consciously try and make for safer (and paid ) parking these days than I used to , due to being ■■■■■■ off with implications from my lot that we could be charged for any theft of diesel during overnight parking. :open_mouth: :unamused:

(I reckon since I started doing it, the costs incurred so far to date, would far outweigh at least 2 tanks of diesel, …but there ya go,.who am I to argue. :unamused: )

I’ve looked on Snap and Intruck apps, but apart from the fact I ain’t good on stuff like that anyway :blush: ,.I can’t seem to find specific places in that category in specific areas.

Can anybody give me heads up of any locations of firms who do this.
Cheers.

I’ve got forty acres Rob, your welcome to park here any time, just don’t let that Moaster fella know where it is. :wink:
Added bonus, I’m less than five hundred metres from the pub. :smiling_imp:

Star down under.:
I’ve got forty acres Rob, your welcome to park here any time, just don’t let that Moaster fella know where it is. :wink:
Added bonus, I’m less than five hundred metres from the pub. :smiling_imp:

Yes, but when he gets bladdered 40 acres is a big area to find his truck!

Looks a bit baron down there on the SNAP app, just Cullompton MSA and a petrol station near Bodmin.

mrginge:
Looks a bit baron down there on the SNAP app, just Cullompton MSA and a petrol station near Bodmin.

Yep,.even I managed to get that far on the app. :smiley:
But I could see no mention of transport co.s that did parking, thought somebody on here may know one or two.
Must be somebody down there that does it, not necessarily SNAP.

Going from your recent history, your lot seem rather keen on nominating where you park so let them provide you with a list of places to park which meet their requirements, none of which is further than 15 miles from an alternative. That should give them something to do. Wtf should you have to spend any of your free time doing their job for them.

And as for charging you for stolen diesel…

Mate…

It’s time to give up the sleeping in lorry like an unpaid security guard shenanigans.

Get yerself on days with a nice cushty multi-drop job, home every night by 7 and filthy dirty.

You don’t need all that money your on now. :smiley:

cav551:
Going from your recent history, your lot seem rather keen on nominating where you park so let them provide you with a list of places to park which meet their requirements, none of which is further than 15 miles from an alternative. That should give them something to do. Wtf should you have to spend any of your free time doing their job for them.

And as for charging you for stolen diesel…

Yeah ok, But I’d rather select my own parking places tbh
THEIR first priority will NOT be finding somewhere where I do not have to sit in the ■■■■ cab all night,.where as MINE …IS. :bulb:

As for being potentially charged for nicked diesel…
That is boxed off by the usual arse covering exercises.
ie… If I can not find a paid parking place, ring up and ask them if it is ok to park there,… or better still get a txt so it can be checked back. :bulb:

I’m very rarely beaten in this job tbh mate. :sunglasses:

The alternative is to park outside a transport depot or warehouses that open 24/7 such as Gregory’s.
They will be in and out with night trunks to the pallet hubs.

robroy:
Anybody aware of any in any parts of Devon and Cornwall?

I had my own quiet little corners around those areas to date, and with zero problems so far, but for last year to 18 months or so, I consciously try and make for safer (and paid ) parking these days than I used to , due to being ■■■■■■ off with implications from my lot that we could be charged for any theft of diesel during overnight parking. :open_mouth: :unamused:

(I reckon since I started doing it, the costs incurred so far to date, would far outweigh at least 2 tanks of diesel, …but there ya go,.who am I to argue. :unamused: )

I’ve looked on Snap and Intruck apps, but apart from the fact I ain’t good on stuff like that anyway :blush: ,.I can’t seem to find specific places in that category in specific areas.

Can anybody give me heads up of any locations of firms who do this.
Cheers.

Something I always thought was stupid rob , all these empty yards through the week with trampers away & firms can’t get together & help each other out by offering a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ to another companies drivers
I remember getting to a yard at 5 pm to be told women who does paper work finished at 4 , wouldn’t be back until 7 am so would have to load then , I asked if I could park in a 1/2 empty yard but was pointed in the direction of a well known dogging lay-by ( I don’t want that carry on at my age ) just across the road
I do remember downtons at Gloucester having all sorts of lorries parked up in there ( when I did tri changes ) , but think they were part of some network
To be honest I never found diesel thefts a issue , curtains yes , though often parked up a30 when doing Cornwall , never had a issue , often parked at Lidl Exeter , never checked me but have heard stories of checking if loads were for Lidl or not

Tom Wellington:
The alternative is to park outside a transport depot or warehouses that open 24/7 such as Gregory’s.
They will be in and out with night trunks to the pallet hubs.

What,.and be kept awake all night… no thanks.

Nah paid parking truckstops first choice (not MSAs) or somewhere quiet after getting clearance, or a quiet corner at the top of somebody’s haulage yard.

As I said I’ve parked for ■■■■ years in ‘secret’ places with no problems.
All I’m doing now is fielding the unnecessary b/s, and covering my arse.

Fair point.

You’ll struggle to find transport companies that will let you park in their yard, even if you (or your company) pay them. Besides, not many haulage yards have decent facilities, or nearby pubs/shops etc. Most on site parking is a recipricol arangement, which is something your company should sort out.

It’s bad enough being a security guard on £2 p/h, without having to find your own site…

We use PIR alarms on the rear of the unit to deter fuel thieves, you can attach because they are magnetic, the shrilling noise of the alarm will make them scatter.
They can be placed inside the trailer if anyone goes inside it will go off.

Don’t know if this is any use.
Never used these places so can’t comment

edd1974:
Don’t know if this is any use.
Never used these places so can’t comment
Parking for coaches and lorries | Torridge District Council

Thanks for that mate.
The only one I wasnt aware of is the Torrington one, so I’ll make a note of it …cheers.

Tom Wellington:
We use PIR alarms on the rear of the unit to deter fuel thieves, you can attach because they are magnetic, the shrilling noise of the alarm will make them scatter.
They can be placed inside the trailer if anyone goes inside it will go off.

Tbh mate I dont give a two penny ■■■■ if anybody tries to nick my diesel,.I dont get paid half enough to be either a security guard,.a hero or both,.so as long as I go through the motions that I have already touched on, I’ve done my bit,.which is all that is required of me.as an employed driver.
If the firm want to buy one of those, it’s up to them…certainly not me.

AK 47 or a German Shepherd will suffice as a defence tactic, I got a pet passport for my GSD in the hope I could take him abroad, but his hairs and dried skin everywhere in the cab got in places I would think didn’t exist in the cab.

He was a big lad and was called Toby or his pedigree papers from the kennel club was Amazing Boy like his owner.

Talking of parking…
Anywhere in or around Torquay?..not a lay by btw.
Cheers.

Pack the bucket and spade.