Transport audit

Lads

just had message about upcoming transport audit and everything as per apart from one change, ie they not only want me to update licence copys for our records which i know about but the auditors also want a copy of licences too! wtf, why dont we just make a copy for the cleaner and the forklift truck driver too lol, any other transport office lads/gals had this one :question:

quork:
Lads

just had message about upcoming transport audit and everything as per apart from one change, ie they not only want me to update licence copys for our records which i know about but the auditors also want a copy of licences too! wtf, why dont we just make a copy for the cleaner and the forklift truck driver too lol, any other transport office lads/gals had this one :question:

er that would come under data protection would it not …
Why would they want a copy ■■ a bit like asking for bank details.
As far as seeing you have up to date copies showing licence checks etc that’s fair play but I cant see why they need copy’s of them…

used to have to do 3 monthly checks on licences at my last Co.

As far as I know you have to check them every 3 months or have a scheduled database that alerts you once you have inputted the details of your drivers letting you know when the licences have expired.

We provide the training courses and services as well, have a look on

Craigdaniels:
As far as I know you have to check them every 3 months or have a scheduled database that alerts you once you have inputted the details of your drivers letting you know when the licences have expired.

We provide the training courses and services as well, have a look on

yep but as the OP said the auditors want a copy ■■

Who’s doing the audit? They should normally provide a guidance doc beforehand so you have chance to gather what’s needed.

As for the data protection issue if it’s an internal audit then its normally no issue as DPA is company wide generally but I can’t imagine why they need a copy as they then have to comply with protecting personal data . Simply seeing it is enough for an audit usually?

Personally I’d be questioning that request

The national company I was TM for used to do quarterly audits, which including keeping copies of all driving licences on file. What’s the problem?

We do keep copies but never been asked by auditors to provide them with a copy too :open_mouth:

not only that but after you copy the licence previous copy’s should be handed back to the licence holder as there is no need to hold anything but a current copy.

Previous copies are shredded and put into secure disposal bins :wink:

Most insurance companies insist that regular 3 monthly checks and copies of drivers licences are kept