Transport announcements in the budget

Major upgrades to the A66 and A69. Hopefully they’ll DC both the full length.

They are going to go ahead with driverless lorry testing. Looks like we will be out of a job soon.

MrFaulconbridge:
They are going to go ahead with driverless lorry testing. Looks like we will be out of a job soon.

No we won’t, not in mine nor your lifetime.

Conor:

That’ll be 10yrs of roadworks and snarl ups to look forward to then :unamused:

Juddian:

MrFaulconbridge:

No we won’t, not in mine nor your lifetime.

That’s the government’s definition of what “Soon” is - when it comes to anything that has yet to be built. :wink:

I can see hooligans starting up the new sport of “Tricking driverless vehicles into crashing” - if they dare try running them on anything other than ‘tracks’. :smiling_imp:

Conor:

Think they should have included the A1 in there as well for up grading to duel carriageway

peirre:

Conor:

That’ll be 10yrs of roadworks and snarl ups to look forward to then :unamused:

A lot of both are duel carriageway already so might not be quite that bad 5 years poss :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t forget the Severn Bridge tolls being halved in 2018…that’ll save my lot a mint as we have Christ knows how many trucks over them, day in/day out, all day & night

I’m sure we can all cite roads which need upgrading…

For me, the A5/A483 between Shrewsbury and Wrexham…
And the pig of the A40/A436 between Oxford and the Air Balloon r’bout.

el_presidente:
I’m sure we can all cite roads which need upgrading…

For me, the A5/A483 between Shrewsbury and Wrexham…
And the pig of the A40/A436 between Oxford and the Air Balloon r’bout.

A14

Conor:

Dont hold your breath on the A66 plans , in 2003 the govt announced dualling would start by 2005 with the whole section from scotch corner to penrith completed by 2009 …

Actrosman:
Don’t forget the Severn Bridge tolls being halved in 2018…that’ll save my lot a mint as we have Christ knows how many trucks over them, day in/day out, all day & night

The bridge was supposed to be paid for in 2018, they should abolish the toll all together to stimulate the Welsh economy.

Was talk on radio4 before the budget a government transport bod said plans were being drawn up to make the M62 between J20-J26 into 4 lanes
Not the flattest motorway to be digging up if they did do it.

Daytrunker:
Was talk on radio4 before the budget a government transport bod said plans were being drawn up to make the M62 between J20-J26 into 4 lanes
Not the flattest motorway to be digging up if they did do it.

no that I woul like to see! :grimacing: it wouldn’t matter how many lanes you make them, 10 lanes wide only one compulsory would be the outside lane! :laughing: you have to EDUCATE fools, overtake and " AS WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT IN THIS COUNTRY! " move back to the left once you’ve safely completed that simple manoeuvre :sunglasses:

wheelnutt:
The bridge was supposed to be paid for in 2018, they should abolish the toll all together to stimulate the Welsh economy.

The trouble with that is it might encourage more people to visit Wales, and that must surely infringe on their human rights. Especially if they end up in Nelson or Roath.