Transom.

Hi all, can anyone tell me what it’s like to work for Transam, Suffolk please.

My mate does it. Lots of night work, lots of double and treble manning, a good craic and the money is fairly good although you will be away for months at a time. Yo’d probably start as a third driver, flying out and meeting a truck, doing a shift then flying home again. It isn’t year-round work, and a few drivers have left of late because there hasn’t been enough work to keep them going.

^^^^ this.

Don’t think its all glamour rock and roll.
I’ve seen more Transam trucks pulling boxes out of Felixstowe than I have in Euroland recently. But they pay well and if you stick at it and have a can do attitude eventually you will get a look in.

Oddly enough I was about to post asking if they had gone under?
Only see the units pulling DSV curtainsiders and boxes recently…

Don’t think those black xf’s that do the dsv work and boxes are anything to do with transam

scottie0011:
Don’t think those black xf’s that do the dsv work and boxes are anything to do with transam

I think they are, unless someone has gone to daf and asked for identical trucks. Seen a lot of 13 plate and newer doing it. I think they started doing maritime work with older spare trucks and casual drivers, probably to see if it was a viable option

Eurorider:
^^^^ this.

Don’t think its all glamour rock and roll.
I’ve seen more Transam trucks pulling boxes out of Felixstowe than I have in Euroland recently. But they pay well and if you stick at it and have a can do attitude eventually you will get a look in.

I’ve noticed Paul Mathew trucks pulling containers as well lately. I never thought they’d do that, particularly as they’re not 44-tonners (and IIRC they’re low-riders made for continental work) so they’re restricted in what boxes they can take.

OVLOV JAY:

scottie0011:

I think they are, unless someone has gone to daf and asked for identical trucks. Seen a lot of 13 plate and newer doing it. I think they started doing maritime work with older spare trucks and casual drivers, probably to see if it was a viable option

Transams Daf’s have a white bumper and red chassis whilst the ones doing the containers are all black.

Tried to insert pics but tapatalk hates me lol

scottie0011:

OVLOV JAY:

scottie0011:

Transams Daf’s have a white bumper and red chassis whilst the ones doing the containers are all black.

Tried to insert pics but tapatalk hates me lol

That’s the ones I’ve seen. Lhd, white bumper, no skirts, and a red chassis. I see them in Felixstowe all the time

Are they no the ex transam trucks that were for sale recently? I’ve seen a few with foreign plates on pulling dsv trailers