transit

not really about hgvs I know,but I think the new transit van has gone ugly,what do others think,it reminds me of jimmy durante when I saw him as a kid [the thing he did with the cup][ithink I spelt durante right]

Isn’t it an Iveco with a Ford badge? :confused:

When I rang and asked for a 5 cylinder transit on demo they did their best to talk me out of it because they couldn’t get one ,mercs did the same when I asked for a v6 .

its a van what more do you want …

I’ve seen some real ugly cars and the seen the same car in a different colour and my opinion changed immediately,
The same as some truck you either like or hate em a bit like the new Renault

I wasn’t keen on the last version when it first came out but once you start seeing them all over the place you get used to it.

I saw one tonight look’s to good to be a work tool I want one

this is a transit…my old toy till I flogged it on last year… :smiley:

Now thats a nice bit of kit any idea who owns it now

I flogged to a dude from Ballymena hey,or ballymoney,somewhere around there…haven’t seen it since I sold it though …bit of a 1 off with air suspension on both rear axles,plus the stax were hooked up and worked fine,the fly by wire pump got binned,and hooked up a 80 psi pump with the fuel opened up,plenty of black reek once the turbo kicked in. :smiling_imp:

Think they build them in Turkey now . . . nuff said.

Its gone that way to appeal to the American market. This is the first Transit to be sold over there. Seems odd as the Sprinter Stateside looks exactly the same as the one they sell here.

Looks far too top heavy and bulbous in roof are. The old jumbo transit had the problem of being too narrow in roof area. Over compensated on the new design.

Radar19:
Its gone that way to appeal to the American market. This is the first Transit to be sold over there. Seems odd as the Sprinter Stateside looks exactly the same as the one they sell here.

The sprinter stateside is badged as a dodge.

I’ve driven a new transit but wasn’t too impressed with the torque/gearbox setup. cant pull away downhill in 2nd when empty without it wanting to stall.

I don’t think it looks bad,

It’s not surprising the new Transit is bigger. The old model was competing against bigger vans like the Sprinter and Iveco Daily and smaller panel vans like the VW Transporter and Merc Vito. The new Transit is firmly aimed at the big boys, with it’s new sister the Transit Custom taking on the Transporter and the Vito.

They’ve grown on me a lot, Although I still prefer the Mk6, in 135bhp twin wheeled guise if anyones buying :wink:

nick2008:
its a van what more do you want …

I’ve seen some real ugly cars and the seen the same car in a different colour and my opinion changed immediately,
The same as some truck you either like or hate em a bit like the new Renault

yeah,i suppose I see your point about it just being a van,i was bored when I posted

dew:
They’ve grown on me a lot, Although I still prefer the Mk6, in 135bhp twin wheeled guise if anyones buying :wink:

I love the twin wheels myself,allways wanted to customise one when I was younger

bigvern1:
Isn’t it an Iveco with a Ford badge? :confused:

yes, I think you are right

irish lorries:
Now thats a nice bit of kit any idea who owns it now

it is very nice,would have looked nice in black

Coming to a T&D review page soon no doubt :laughing: