Trans UK pics

This ERF was the first truck I drove at Trans UK.This was when I’d started with the company and was shunting on Felixstowe dock with GBJ317J,although when I drove it,it was green and had Page Bros on the headboard.

This Fiat was the last truck the company bought before they ceased trading in 1981.

This is one of the firms Fiat 170’s,taken in the M/E

During the early days they also ran Volvo F86’s to the M/E,bit cramped for room!

This is a Scammell Crusader run by a Jersey company that came to grief in Turkey.

And a Guy Big J that also met the end of the road down to the desert.

This looks to be a Austin/Morris FJ model,with sleeper cab too.Another victim.

The Khyber Pass.Afghanistan and Pakistan were regular trips for the ‘You Call-We Haul’ boys!

A breakdown in Romania.No calling Volvo Action Service in those days,you had to fix it yourself!

Another breakdown,this time in Afghanistan.

Astran and Trans UK.

Nice pics. :smiley: :wink:

:smiley: Very good pics. :wink:

Once again top pics KW many thanks for sharing them with us Youve got about a bit in your time on the road by the look of it :sunglasses:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Yes KW ,thanks for putting the pictures onto the site,and do youhave any more that you might consider posting,please,

There is a bloke called Rob Larkin looking for memorabilia about the middle east for the South Eastern Festival of Trucks, to be held at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood. on September 3rd and 4th

Contact Rob via the website

www.festivaloftrucking.co.uk

I bet there is some balloney spoke there :stuck_out_tongue: Every driver on the ferry nowadays seems to have been in the SAS and done the Middle East :smiley:

Very Good Pic’s :smiley:

Hugely enjoyable, thanks very much. Those pics make the story of the Mickey Mouse Foden running out there believable

KW:
This ERF was the first truck I drove at Trans UK.This was when I’d started with the company and was shunting on Felixstowe dock with GBJ317J,although when I drove it,it was green and had Page Bros on the headboard.
During the early days they also ran Volvo F86’s to the M/E,bit cramped for room!

Fabulous photos KW - I think that the guys who ran M/E in the old British motors were real heroes. As you say, I bet the F86 was rather cramped, not to mention hard-worked! Any more - any Borderers, perhaps?? Thank you!

excellent pics m8 !

Excellent pictures KW,those were the days!
regards derek

great pics!!! :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I bet there is some balloney spoke there :stuck_out_tongue: Every driver on the ferry nowadays seems to have been in the SAS and done the Middle East :smiley:

I know what you mean, it really annoys us who were in the SAS, not only did the middle east, but backloaded from China and flew the space shuttle to mars on weekends off. :laughing:
Although I’m surprised you’ve found english speaking drivers on the ferry. :frowning:

Great Pics, I love these pictures of trucks going to the middle east and further, so keep them coming.

Excellent historic pics, I vaguely recall spotting these regularly on the A45 (now A14) near Stowmarket , Suffolk as a pimply youth.

I think if my memory serves me correctly they were run by one of the Carter brothers who now own the CEL Group? I assume they eventually decided it was better business to concentrate on containers.

In those days, weren’t Carters trucks liveried in (mainly) white with green and gold stripes? I recall a large Mercedes presence in their fleet at about this time?

Cheers.

There was a owner driver running M/E with used a Foden half cab that he bought from Robinsons of Carlisle. Sometimes he would take his young daughter with him.

The Austin /Morris has VOLVO stamped across the front of it if you blow it up. & the driver is still sitting in it… good old days…

Just one thing, half the pics I get seem to be from an old Volvo trucks brochure; is this a mistake? :confused:

Some great pictures KW, I have just got broadband, so I can see them now :stuck_out_tongue:

My mate did 3 Stanley Bulls in an ex Charles Alexander day cab 3300 Daf, then he welded a sleeper cab on :smiley: We though he was mad

I agree with Chorcheela, as I can remember seeing these trucks pass through Stowmarket before it was by-passed and the A45 became the infamous A14.
Nice to see some good ‘local’ transport photos, good scale modelling reference material.

chorcheela:
Just one thing, half the pics I get seem to be from an old Volvo trucks brochure; is this a mistake? :confused:

Sorry about that,but I’ve now rectified it.