Tramping....

My apologies if this has already been posted, I did a quick search on Google but only came up with tramping jobs.

I’m about to go through the whole learning stage of LGV’s, and ultimately want to be a tramper, my question is, if you are only able to work 90 hours over 2 weeks then how does it effect your driving hours when tramping. I have read that you start and finish at some ridiculous times, so how does it all smooth out from that?

Your getting mixed up with your driving time and working times.You are only allowed to drive 90 hours in a fortnight.As for hours you can work.The basic hours are 3x15s and 2x13.There is more to it than this wich involves the wtd and hours worked though.So I’m just answering your question of the 90hrs.

So either way you can only drive for 90 hours over the 2 weeks, but you can work for 15 hours in a day? I am so confused haha.

Confused myself bud. This whole tacograph and hours. Wtd is the only thing im worryd bout driving. Too much stuff to remember regarding hours. Making up hours. Daily rest etc. Ggggrrrr :laughing:

Yeah.But you can only do 3x15s a week.But there are exceptions to this.And you can do 15s everyday.But get to grips with the basics 1st.

You can drive up to 9hr a day, so 9×5=45 for the week. So 2×45=90 over the fortnight. But you can increase the driving time to 10 hrs 2 times in the week. But if you do this in the first week you will have to drive 2 hrs less in the second week to stay within the law, if you were doing max hours. I would pay you to down load GV262-03 from the direct.gov Web site. That is the rule book we all have to comply with, you won’t understand it all but just keep reading it through and it will eventually make sense. The good thing is as a pdf download you can keep it on your smart phone/tablet or computer so you can always check it if you are not sure :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hope this help

I’ll check that out, many thanks!