Tramping work Scotland

Hi All

This is something I didn’t want to ask but I’m in a awful situation. Been out the driving game for a while but need to get back behind the wheel for a least 6 months. I won’t bore you all with details but due to some very shortsighted decisions by myself I got myself in a financial mess. I’m Based in Angus have class 1 with plenty of experience and need tramping work as where I am work is sparse and poorly paid.

I’m looking for tramping as I think this will be more cost affective than day work. I’m also willing to travel pretty much anywhere in Scotland. So do any of you know any good payers in and around Scotland. I’ve scoured the internet on the usual job sites but I know some on here can give me a push in the right direction. Like I said travel to work is no problem as I plan to be away all week even Euro work as have plenty of experience.

Would appreciate any help I can get thanks guys and girls
Thanks Dan.

Stobart has a site in Coupar Angus also Craib at Aberdeen advertise for drivers now and then.

Aw Jenkinson are always looking. Pay above average. I think they have a base in Scotland?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tallant:
Aw Jenkinson are always looking. Pay above average. I think they have a base in Scotland?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

See them parked in a yard next to Caledonia Produce (Bakkavor) in Bo’ness, so think they do have a place up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuill and Dodds currently advertising for drivers on bulk work. Based in Hamilton average money for the area and top equipment and they’ll keep you away all week no worries

No doubt there will be a few on here along shortly to talk about the miners blah blah blah…

harrawaffa:
Yuill and Dodds currently advertising for drivers on bulk work. Based in Hamilton average money for the area and top equipment and they’ll keep you away all week no worries

No doubt there will be a few on here along shortly to talk about the miners blah blah blah…

Yeah the miners,workers who stuck together,mostly,but were shafted by leadership or lack of it n Thatcher’s lackies,as above,least you get top equipment lol somebody else’s why that bothers a driver?

Slam Transport. Good money and easy work.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

lynchy:

harrawaffa:

Yeah the miners,workers who stuck together,mostly,but were shafted by leadership or lack of it n Thatcher’s lackies,as above,least you get top equipment lol somebody else’s why that bothers a driver?

Well that’s a silly question isn’t it?

Why does anyone in any industry care about the equipment they’re provided?
Having quality equipment spec’d to do the job makes your working life far simpler and more enjoyable. And if you’ve also got to live inside that equipment all week surely the higher spec the better?

If you’re happy living in scrap that’s up to you. Typical company yes man.

You’re really not doing yourself any justice playing into the thick lorry driver stereotype asking questions like this.