Tramping questions

My work has asked me to start doing few nights out which I’m happy with got all kit possibly! I already know I’m not bothering parking in services to expensive but how do you go about showering. Understand truck stops charge if not staying over night but do services charge?

2 quid a pop for the ones that do,then how many showers will it take before it matters? take a few packs of wet wipes,bung a Cpl in the fridge if your stuck,and theres always the option of slipping into something cool and relaxing after a hot shift… :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
2 quid a pop for the ones that do,then how many showers will it take before it matters? take a few packs of wet wipes,bung a Cpl in the fridge if your stuck,and theres always the option of slipping into something cool and relaxing after a hot shift… :open_mouth:

or if your dipper ,slipping in to some thing hot and ■■■■ :open_mouth:
Get a 10lt water container and small washing up bowl and old towel ,shut curtains and have a strip down wash , that’s what I do

For a morning freshen up i used to put that 10 litre water container Blue Estate mentions in front of the night heater outlet during the winter season, nice bowl of warm water resulted.

Just claim the cost of a shower on your expenses.

£2 ain’t alot to pay so you don’t smell and look like a walking grow bag :open_mouth:
If your really stuck for a shower get some body wash wipe things, they are like a wet glove, single use. :wink:

Just stop at the services for a free shower at some point though the day.

Most services have a shower. Most are free. Whitwood is 2 quid for 8 mins. Wipes and the odd alfresco ■■■ lol

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

ask the customers you are delivering to, or collecting from.if they have a shower,and if so, can you use it. sorted. :laughing:

weeto:
Just stop at the services for a free shower at some point though the day.

Agreed. I prefer to go around lunchtime, never a queue and have usually recently been cleaned.

As already said they’re usually free in the services. Some have a notice stuck on the door telling you to pay in WHSmith or whatever but you’ll usually find that someones left the door unlocked making that notice void. Don’t forget your flipflops!

Make sure he is paying “night-out money” around £25 per night is the going rate. Seems obvious, but there was a newbie driver on here a while ago unaware of it and wasn’t even getting paid it! And if your boss is a bad un then he won’t be going out his way to inform you…

gingo:
ask the customers you are delivering to, or collecting from.if they have a shower,and if so, can you use it. sorted. :laughing:

Some are communal such as steel works etc, so don’t bend over shouting ‘‘Where’s the soap’’ as you may feel a sharp pain up your arse, and hear somebody behind you saying ‘’ Yeh it does baby, doesn’t it’’
:laughing:

I couldn’t park anywhere near the drivers block at our place one day, it was absolutely freezing out (deepest winter, well below zero) no way was I walking all the way back to the trailer park after a shower in that, so I went and got under my trailer, and took the whole bloody lot home, and had one there.

In all fairness it only added about 500yds to my journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:
…shouting ‘‘Where’s the soap’’ as you may feel a sharp pain up your arse, and hear somebody behind you saying ‘’ Yeh it does baby, doesn’t it’’
:laughing:

You can achieve the same effect on here by saying you think a Fuller works better than an iShift.

You can ask for your night-out allowance…

In cash before you go but this doesn’t happen any more.Employers are obliged to give you expenses up front if they know you’re going to incur them.

Like I say, it doesn’t happen any more.

Kerragy:
You can achieve the same effect on here by saying you think a Fuller works better than an iShift.

What’s a fuller :smiling_imp: just sounds like you’ve Eaton too much :wink:

And they claim they don’t ■■■■ in the truck in a bag or on the road when they cant even be bordered to have a proper wash.

nightline:
And they claim they don’t [zb] in the truck in a bag or on the road when they cant even be bordered to have a proper wash.

:imp: I’ve ■■■■ in the truck on many occasions because sometimes it needs to be done. Stuck on the A1 in snow for 2 days in a layby. What would you do?? I did happen to manage a proper wash because I carry enough supplies. I was ‘bordered’ you see :laughing:

Even now I carry enough food etc for a week just in case - you never know :wink:

dri-diddly-iver:

nightline:
And they claim they don’t [zb] in the truck in a bag or on the road when they cant even be bordered to have a proper wash.

:imp: I’ve [zb] in the truck on many occasions because sometimes it needs to be done. Stuck on the A1 in snow for 2 days in a layby. What would you do?? I did happen to manage a proper wash because I carry enough supplies. I was ‘bordered’ you see :laughing:

Even now I carry enough food etc for a week just in case - you never know :wink:

We all have that’s my point, how bad does it have to be to not pay 2quid for a wash