Tramping headache

Hi everyone, looking for bit of advice and wonder has anyone had same issue and if its common or not, i have just recently started doing nights out and im loving it and feel like im getting a decent sleep, but i seem to be waking up with a bit of a headache after sleeping in the truck, i thought it was new glasses that are not really stong prescription or the nicotine patches i have started, so i decided to leave glasses at home yet still woke this morning with headache but if i get sent home i dont have the headaches so seems to just be morning after night out in truck, anybody any experience of this ■■ Thanks.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Drink water before going to sleep, make sure you sleep with your head at the higher end of the lorry, invest in a carbon monoxide detector incase your night heater is filling your cab with fumes, don’t have that last pint!

That should cover most of it. :wink:

the maoster:
Drink water before going to sleep, make sure you sleep with your head at the higher end of the lorry, invest in a carbon monoxide detector incase your night heater is filling your cab with fumes, don’t have that last pint!

That should cover most of it. :wink:

Haha no pints unfortunately, yeah think ill crab a carbon monoxide detector

Maybe don’t run the night heater for a night, and/or try a dish of water in front of the night heater output in case its drying the air too much, and always but always leave a crack of window open or the roof vent cracked if it isn’t raining.

It’s lack of fresh air and the night heater…and as Maoster says ‘That last pint’. :smiley:
I am same if I have night heater on ALL night, so I just switch it on if I wake up cold, and set the timer half an hour before alarm goes off.
I also sleep with window open about 2 inches, and sunroof the same, depending how cold it is.

robroy:
It’s lack of fresh air and the night heater…and as Maoster says ‘That last pint’. :smiley:
I am same if I have night heater on ALL night, so I just switch it on if I wake up cold, and set the timer half an hour before alarm goes off.
I also sleep with window open about 2 inches, and sunroof the same, depending how cold it is.

F-in night heater!!! Man up the lot of you ffs [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave the sky light open a touch.

Cheers for the replies lads ill try all the tips out see how i get on [emoji1360]

Have you got two nice plush pillows at home and are making do with a rock hard one in the truck.

br1982:
Cheers for the replies lads ill try all the tips out see how i get on [emoji1360]

Got to say it, as it’s my job on here :laughing:
Here’s another tip, park somewhere decent where you can get out for a bit of fresh air.
Go out for a meal, or a walk…(.and shock horror :open_mouth: if you fancy a pint, do so :open_mouth: )and unwind. :sunglasses:
Headaches come with stress, get some social time out of your tramping, don’t turn it into a minimum rest, lay by parking, purgatorial endurance test.
Tramping can be as enjoyable or as terrible as YOU make it. :bulb:

Job completed until next time. :laughing:

Numbum:
Have you got two nice plush pillows at home and are making do with a rock hard one in the truck.

No mate i was wary of that so bought new pillows for house and truck at same time so shouldn’t be the pillows im gonna try a night without the heater and see if theres any difference

robroy:

br1982:

Got to say it, as it’s my job on here [emoji38] …
Here’s another tip, park somewhere decent where you can get out for a bit of fresh air.
Go out for a meal, or a walk…(.and shock horror :open_mouth: if you fancy a pint, do so :open_mouth: )and unwind. :sunglasses:
Headaches come with stress, get some social time out of your tramping, don’t turn it into a minimum rest, lay by parking, purgatorial endurance test.
Tramping can be as enjoyable or as terrible as YOU make it. :bulb:

Job completed until next time. [emoji38]

[emoji1787]

Robroys above advice is the one to follow here.

Too many stop in some layby right beside a major trunk route, pull the curtains and seal themselves in their own little prison, can do nothing good for anyone normal, rinse and repeat night after night, the noise alone means you can’t have any ventilation to speak of.

Park somewhere you can get away from the lorry for a few hours, see and speak to other people, have a decent meal in a pub (mmmm Toby carvery at Cardiff Gate) and a pint or two, and if no bugger wants to speak take a good book with you and while away a few hours, multi tasking by clocking the ladies out the corner of your eye :wink:

Juddian:

Too many stop in some layby right beside a major trunk route, pull the curtains and seal themselves in their own little prison, can do nothing good for anyone normal, rinse and repeat night after night, the noise alone means you can’t have any ventilation to speak of.

Park somewhere you can get away from the lorry for a few hours, see and speak to other people, have a decent meal in a pub (mmmm Toby carvery at Cardiff Gate) and a pint or two, and if no bugger wants to speak take a good book with you and while away a few hours, multi tasking by clocking the ladies out the corner of your eye :wink:

Cheers Juddian, that re.dresses the balance, just been told on the sat nav thread that any advice I give is ‘condescending’ and ‘boring’. :laughing:

I mean…boring ffs :open_mouth: , I’m a registered train spotter, and belong to the National stamp collectors society, I travel to their conventions in top of the range… Rover 75 :sunglasses:
How can anybody call me boring. :open_mouth:
:laughing:

Rover 75 you say, phwoar :sunglasses:

But seriously they were a lovely car with a gentleman’s club interior, and still are lovely especially the understated Mustang engined V8, rare beauty among a sea of eurocrap you can’t identify until you spot the badge.

Nothing wrong with train spotting, though admit i stopped around 14 but still have a love for the Deltics (class 55) with their wonderful two stroke engines, the sound alone of which is enough to stir the blood of any bloke still breathing who hasn’t had his nads removed.

Common sense is getting seriously uncommon in this country and afr from boring, glad some bugger’s still carrying the torch :slight_smile:

Juddian:

But seriously they were a lovely car with a gentleman’s club interior, and still are lovely especially the understated Mustang engined V8, rare beauty among a sea of eurocrap you can’t identify until you spot the badge.

Nothing wrong with train spotting, though admit i stopped around 14 but still have a love for the Deltics (class 55) with their wonderful two stroke engines, the sound alone of which is enough to stir the blood of any bloke still breathing who hasn’t had his nads removed.

Common sense is getting seriously uncommon in this country and afr from boring, glad some bugger’s still carrying the torch :slight_smile:

Got to stress Juddian, I ain’t really a train spotter or a stamp collector. :bulb: :laughing: …and I ain’t got a 75 Rover…didn’t know they did a Mustang V8 version, (or have I fell for it? :blush: :laughing: )

All (most anyway) of above comments make sense.
You’re not using any dash cleaner giving off nasty vapours are you? The sort of polishes you may use in a large room at home don’t contain some of the stronger solvents etc used in professional type valet chemicals used on a truck cab.
As already said crack a window open.

personally id rather spend a night with the toothache than yours and juddians version,but heres the rover v8…its a nice beast.
youtube.com/watch?v=H1pSGpUUbis

robroy:

Juddian:

Got to stress Juddian, I ain’t really a train spotter or a stamp collector. :bulb: :laughing: …and I ain’t got a 75 Rover…didn’t know they did a Mustang V8 version, (or have I fell for it? :blush: :laughing: )

ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Rover-7 … SwPkhd79Sa

4.6 Mustang lump plus rear wheel drive, becoming collectable.

robroy:

Juddian:

Cheers Juddian, that re.dresses the balance, just been told on the sat nav thread that any advice I give is ‘condescending’ and ‘boring’. :laughing:

I mean…boring ffs :open_mouth: , I’m a registered train spotter, and belong to the National stamp collectors society, I travel to their conventions in top of the range… Rover 75 :sunglasses:
How can anybody call me boring. :open_mouth:
:laughing:

Kinell you’re mentally challenged,some kind of drama queen looking for
Constant attention.Get a grip.