Tramping and staying fit

Hi guys.
Im currently tramping and getting more worried about my weight. Iv been a fat git for years anyhow but sitting on my arse for a living and doing curtainsider work isnt exactly helping the situation. I was about 20 stone when is started tramping about a year ago and i know iv put some weight on in that year. Im working on eating better by cooking in the cab and not going to butty vans and fast foods at services but i want to do some sort of workout while im away.
Im thinking of starting to do ddp yoga in the back of the truck as i generally have an empty wagon at some point during the day so can do a session in the back with some privacy so i dont look like a prat to everyone walking past.
Was wondering if any of you have tried ddp yoga or any way you have tried to lose weight and succeeded. Any help would be great.
And if anyone want to take the ■■■■ please feel free but all i ask is get creative and put a bit of effort into your insult haha

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m not into double deep penetration yoga. I just stick to plain old deep penetration myself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Now thats what im after haha

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m opening myself up for a proper verbal mocking here, but I engage in what some fitness bods call “resistance training” whilst driving. This isn’t training yourself not to blab whilst being waterboarded but rather simple things like holding the steering wheel at “.quarter to three” whilst driving and then squeezing your arms together for two motorway bridges, then pulling your arms apart for another two bridges. You can vary your hand positioning on the wheel to vary which muscle groups you are working.

Of course the biggest problem for truckers is the dreaded belly, for that I pull my stomach in and do reps of 100 leg raises at a time. As I drive an auto (like most) I’m really wild and do this on the move. :wink:

It must work as I’m often mistaken for Brad Pitt and end up fighting the laydeez off with a ■■■ covered stick.

Failing that, the old maxim of “eat less, move more” never fails.

Hope this insight into my training regime helps. If anyone wants to pm me their bank details I will mail them a full Maoster fitness brochure.

Eventually.

Get a couple of dumbells to take with you, biceps, triceps, shoulders, obliques and calves (with a piece of wood to stand on) can all be given a workout. A couple laps around the truck park is also what i do for cardio.
With one dumbell, bicep curls can be done on the move…

The Butterfield diet, it’s the only way :wink:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgwJfbeCeU

If I can make a recommendation. Please delete if it’s advertising another site or what ever but search “Truckers who run” of Facebook. Join that group, loads of good information, great set of people. Helped me a lot and now looking to run my first 5k race at the end of the month.

Don’t try any fad type things to begin with, get your trainers on and go for a walk and build up to run/jog/bimble/crawl.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

For a tad more serious reply, about a yr & half ago I wanted to belly reduce & be fitter, diet really is key, sounds daft but my hardest thing to cut down on was crisps, not much on their own but I love em!

I ate pretty ok anyway, I’m not really a fast food bloke, but a proper effort & minimal booze really helped, diets are just fads, really need a change of lifestyle that you will keep to.

Ref the fitness I set a target of a triathlon, I did occasionally all the elements, swim- which is my natural sport, plus run, cycle but, it meant I had to focus & train hard or knew I’d look silly wheezing along at the back, swim & run I could mostly slot in the wk, early morning pool was ok if in Uk, a couple i know & are open from 6am for lanes & pretty empty or later night, often nights 10-10-30pm lanes totally empty, I’m away a fair bit but swam in pretty much any place i could, most Italian & Swiss lakes, the med, Agean, in France the Dordogne river & also the Ardeche river.
In Uk lake Conison, south coast Uk, even Scotland, run no probs, trainers on quick 5km somewhere nice, run then brisk​ shower just under 2x 2 litre drinking bottles can be done on a 45-50min break & scoot off, if you are a fast runner you can do a 10k & shower in a 45.

Pull ups anytime you get the chance, pressups in empty trailer or clean ground, not a pee smelling lorry park that’s for sure!

Wk ends a cycle & down the gym for weights.

I was down 11kg in under 6 months 106kg to 95kg I’ve not lost more as that’s pretty much my level for my height but I’m a lot more active & over a year & half on still with it, enjoyed triathlon, more planned & I wasn’t too hopeless either.

DDP Yoga people.

the maoster:
It must work as I’m often mistaken for Brad Pitt and end up fighting the laydeez off with a ■■■ covered stick.

That’s where I recognise you from, the beginning of Benjamin Button :stuck_out_tongue:

I take my running kit with me and have a run when I’m finished. Makes me feel much better after work.

Walking. Do it as much as possible. I try and do at least 5 mile a day. Download an app on your phone to record it. You’d be surprised how much you actually do

Alright big man

I think it’s just the job itself.
I left Army fit as fiddle 2013. 30-32 inch waist 30 years old.
Drove arctics on curtains for under 2 years Tramping. Went to a 40 inch waist and put on over 3 stone.
Then went on transporters for two years dropped to 36 inch waist but still 2 1/2 stone over weight.

Changed jobs at beginning of the year.
Don’t tramp anymore and go home every night.
Have decent breakfast. Healthy snacks. And packed lunch proper dinner.
Time to go gym everyday
I’ve lost two and half stone since February.
Feel fit and good again.
Tramping u eat ■■■■ as your tired and worn out all time.

the maoster:

[Eventually.

I better not tell the misses as you’ll have a stalker, she loves that bloke :laughing:

Freight Dog:

the maoster:

[Eventually.

I better not tell the misses as you’ll have a stalker, she loves that bloke :laughing:

As long as she’s never played Lara Croft in a big budget movie then she’s welcome to stalk away! :wink: