Trampers Guide - Advice wanted

Hi

I recently passed my HGV 1 around 3 months ago. I have been working for a chemical handling company driving tankers carrying non hazardous waste. I recently went for a driving assessment with another company and i was successful in getting the job. I am going to be driving a car transporter. I am going to be tramping most of the week and was wondering if anyone had any advice/tips/tricks that i should be aware of. Like what things are a good idea to take etc.

Thanks

Sean

Foam ear plugs for noisy lay bys,have two sets of everything so you can leave stuff in the cab,like your personal stuff,without carting it all back and forth to your car.
So i leave the tooth brush and wash kit in my house and keep a kit in the truck.

A read of this might help

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90110&p=1283368#p1283368

NIGHTS OUT - what should I take?

Thankyou for the help :slight_smile:

get a good height map dont rely on sat nav buy a pair of flip flops some some of the showers are ■■■■ holes a small gas stove pot and tins of food just in case you never know how long delays will be and watch out for trees on transporters and beware anybody that tels you we get trucks in here all the time have a look and judge it yourself

High energy low volume food . Some dry packets like cupper soup or pot noodles, for those emergency moments, for if there’s not a lot of time to do some cooking, or your miles from nowhere!! wet wipes are always usefull. Be carefull turning as the transporter will sweep a wider arc than the cab, you don’t want tto hit a building, post or a bay window :open_mouth:

Yes to the flip flops for the showers,has you get a foot infection in between the toes if you have a shower with no flippers on,Athletes foot,and it takes ages to get rid of it and the medicine to treat it is not cheap.

toby1234abc:
Yes to the flip flops for the showers,has you get a foot infection in between the toes if you have a shower with no flippers on,Athletes foot,and it takes ages to get rid of it and the medicine to treat it is not cheap.

You could always use a natural disinfectant ( know as urine ) in the shower

i have seen faeces in the shower,does that help to clean it? :smiley:

So it was you ya dirty bar steward… :laughing:

Swiss chocalte twirl or an Xmas log.

Some good tips there, many thanks! :smiley:

We will never ever get clean usable showers anywhere. The reason is cos most drivers abuse them and then complain about how poor they are. our place has showers at all depots (4) with not just us guys but subbies as well and we all CLEAN the shower after use. How hard is it to rinse the shower down after use :unamused: .
Glad i’m retiring in 5 years cos the new (circa after 90s )dont respect the limited utilities we have avaiable.
befroe that we always left a “clean” room for the next guy.

Please don’t ■■■■ in the shower…

Some oomigooley beetles were recently found in the shower of one well
known truck stop. (I won’t name and shame them)

The oomigooley beetle is a native of South America and is known
to be an excellent swimmer in urine. They are quite capable of
swimming up a column of urine during urination and entering
the ■■■■■ meatus.

These crab like creatures with huge claws then make their way
up the inner tube and into the testicles where they lay up to
2000 eggs in a matter of hours.

It is quite common for affected testicles to become the size of
a rugby ball overnight. They are extremely painful and there is no cure.

So please don’t ■■■■ in the shower…
Thank you.

good luck with the transporter work and hope your ok getting dressed laid down…and don’t forget the vasaline and condoms ■■ or is that just me lol …