Tramp Lady at the Services

There often a lad & his dog outside Morrison’s in Grantham , we always get him a hot pie / sausage roll / chicken & the dog some treats , both very thankful , dog can’t get enough of the treats
Also put cat food / treats into cat rescue bin
Not much but it’s something , also couple over road struggling money wise , so mrs fetches little girl when ice cream van comes & they sit on grass & have a 99 with strawberry sauce each , little girls eyes light & my mrs loves having a sit & chat with little one

It’s a diabolical state of affairs over here too. Too many homeless living horrible lives. As has been said “care in the community, my arse.”

In a civilised society, " those who can, look after the ones who can’t ".

In our funked society, “those who can, look after themselves, and ■■■■ the rest of you”…

There was a one years ago in the 80s, who used to frequent the old Red Lion pub next to the truck park at Aldgate,.she was known by the older drivers as ‘A5 Annie’,.she was ■■■■ ancient then, and used to walk round the pub in a miniskirt showing her knickers…not a pretty sight btw. :open_mouth:
Apparentllly she usedd to just hitch hike from one end of A5 to other before the M way was built. hence the name and , presumably on the game.

An old hand used to tell me tales of 50s trucking., and the ‘ladies’ who used to do much the same thing pre m’way days also,.spending their lives hitch hiking.
2 always stick in my mind, one was called ‘‘Winnie the gobbler’’ for obvious reasons :smiley: ,.the other was called ‘Peg Leg’’ as she obviously had a false leg.
This guy (who worked for me at the time) used to say you could often see a truck parked up in a lay by, , where she’d hung her leg over the mirror arm, while they did the business :laughing: …not a lot of room in those old Thames Traders and Albions he used to tell me. :smiley:

Franglais:
Make a sentence containing these words…Leopards…Spots…Change…

What on earth does anyone think is really meant when politicians talk about “efficiencies” regarding health care, social care, mental health, etc? Care is not measured by “efficiencies”!

Promise a tax cut of 1penny, and shout about how great the “free market” is for everything and they win all the votes going.

Did you make a sentence containing those 3 words earlier? Try these 3 then… Reap…Sow…You

I blame Brexit. :grimacing:

robroy:

Franglais:
Make a sentence containing these words…Leopards…Spots…Change…

What on earth does anyone think is really meant when politicians talk about “efficiencies” regarding health care, social care, mental health, etc? Care is not measured by “efficiencies”!

Promise a tax cut of 1penny, and shout about how great the “free market” is for everything and they win all the votes going.

Did you make a sentence containing those 3 words earlier? Try these 3 then… Reap…Sow…You

I blame Brexit. :grimacing:

I blame Carryfast, he saw it mentioned on Google. :laughing:

know a fellow living in a tent nr St.Ives, ex army,ex trucker , army pension hes on a campsite swiggin wine he can be a bit ■■■■■■ tho dob you in if youv a bald tyre otherwise harmless and another lives in the dunes at Great Yarmouth i dunno if hes on a pension . Having said that it must be a lot harder for a woman to do the tramp life

Punchy Dan:
she was wearing a stainless steel bowl to protect against radio waves .

Winseer in drag? :smiley:
Infamy infamy,.they’ve all got it in for me. :laughing:

ArcticMonkey:
Has anyone else seen the tramp lady who frequents the service stations lorry parks up and down the country?

I’ve seen her at the Golden Fleece ■■■■■■■■ Wooly Edge and just the other day i saw her at Cherwell Valley.

She seems to carry her worldly belongings in a couple of bags and travel suitcase, she looks unkempt with teeth missing and appears to have mental health problems, it’s quite sad to see.

Does anyone know her backstory and does she hitchhike from truckers all day and everyday?

If its the same Lady, she was in Oxford services teatime last night

I’ll buy her a meal next time i see her. Can’t understand how anyone could take advantage of someone like her and abuse her.
She’s likely suffered a lifetime of abuse, homeless people all have a backstory and have nearly always suffered serious abuse as a child.
There’s a good YouTube channel called The Taboo Room where the Brummie lad asks roughly the same set of questions to homeless people he meets and these short 10 minute interviews are compelling and horrific when they give a brief insight into their life.

ArcticMonkey:
I’ll buy her a meal next time i see her. Can’t understand how anyone could take advantage of someone like her and abuse her.

Aye,.shame on The Maoster, just seen his post on here.
He’s let the industry down, he’s let himself down,.and he s let the baby Jesus down.
Tut tut tut. :unamused:

robroy:

ArcticMonkey:

He’s let the industry down, he’s let himself down,.and he s let the baby Jesus down.

Be surprised if anyones sha@#$d her, she’s not even a 20 pinter

ArcticMonkey:

robroy:

ArcticMonkey:

Have you never knighted out in Ponty? :unamused:

:wink: :laughing:

robroy:

ArcticMonkey:

robroy:

ArcticMonkey:

Sod doing a night out there! Try playing rugby on the Chequerfield estate back in the day! An opposition physio got shot with an air rifle in a drive by while treating an injured player.

As for Stanley Royd, I remember going shooting there with the scouts when I was kid. They had in indoor range before anyone gets smart ideas!

ArcticMonkey:
She’s likely suffered a lifetime of abuse, homeless people all have a backstory and have nearly always suffered serious abuse as a child.
There’s a good YouTube channel called The Taboo Room where the Brummie lad asks roughly the same set of questions to homeless people he meets and these short 10 minute interviews are compelling and horrific when they give a brief insight into their life.

Fiver says your the only one on here with a day cab.

Yorkielad:

ArcticMonkey:

Where can we meet for you to pay me the fiver, Seems like we’re both from the same area

robroy:

ArcticMonkey:

robroy:

ArcticMonkey:

I live near Ponty, had a few nights out round there, the last one been about 3 months ago, and i know exactly what you mean

ArcticMonkey:

Yorkielad:

ArcticMonkey:

Where can we meet for you to pay me the fiver, Seems like we’re both from the same area

I’ll donate it to the lady in question next time I see her :slight_smile:
I’m Hudds area,Also had plenty of nights round Ponte though,not been for a few years but know a few lads that still go boozing round town.

Yorkielad:

ArcticMonkey:

Yorkielad:

ArcticMonkey:

I’ll donate it to the lady in question next time I see her :slight_smile:
I’m Hudds area,Also had plenty of nights round Ponte though,not been for a few years but know a few lads that still go boozing round town.

The park that was there since my Dad was a driver and before…the ■■■■ s have closed it. :imp:
But a couple of mates tell me there are a few secret corners to park,.and near enough to take a walk ip the town.
I’m never in that area Ponty, these days…maybe a good thing. :wink: :laughing:

Don’t know if you could get tucked away down near station at Baghill or retail park down that end opposite castle or retail park opposite racecourse,I didn’t even know they’d shut Friarwood tbh,I only used to go out boozing round ponte because I used to live local and it was place to go along with Wakefield…