Tram Sunday, Fleetwood. Lots of old truck pics

A very wet Sunday 17th July 2011.

There was no Tram Sunday last year due to the line from Blackpool being closed for refurbishment & a general lack of support.

This year there was more support from local traders (maybe they missed the trade last year that they had off the back of it in previous years?) and under a new organisation it was back on, however, still no line to get trams in. Just one decker was brought on a low loader. (just clearing the over head power lines).

I was there by invitation from the Red Rose Land Rover Club with my 1963 Land Rover. As its a short wheel base, parked in amongst the long wheel bases, it can’t be seen in the pic. :angry:
PICT0579.JPG
PICT0588.JPG
PICT0590.JPG
PICT0591.JPG
PICT0592.JPG
PICT0593.JPG
PICT0594.JPG
PICT0595.JPG
PICT0596.JPG
PICT0597.JPG

PICT0598.JPG
PICT0599.JPG
PICT0600.JPG
PICT0601.JPG
PICT0602.JPG
PICT0603.JPG
PICT0606.JPG
PICT0607.JPG

Hello,Driveroneuk, in the last photo you posted,would you happen to have a photo or the reg.number of the Shell black oil tanker? I used to drive one at the Wandsworth depot in the seventies and eighties so I wondered if that was it? Regards,900x20. :smiley:

This is the same truck only at a different show.

2010_0425(050).JPG

Hello,Stanfield. Many thanks for your reply. Sadly it isn’t the one I drove at Wandsworth.Nice to see though as they were up to the job at that time. All had the Rolls Royce Eagle in them and they got along well when loaded. :laughing: Thanks again,regards,900x20. :laughing:

Hi 900x20 No I didn’t get a pic of that, but you know what you wanted to know now anyway thanks to Stanfield.

It did however bring back memories.

When I was very young my Father owned a garage & Shell branded fuel station in Fleetwood.
I remember being there with Dad one day as the shell driver was just finishing a delivery.
The driver insisted on taking me for a ride up the road in the truck. It would be a Scammell I think similar to the above, but about 10 years older. (could have been bull nosed?) We couldn’t find Dad to tell him where I was going. Driver said “It’ll be right, we’ll only be 5 minutes away”. So off we went.
Dad got a right panic on because he couldn’t find me. No wonder, I’d be 5 at the time!