TRAINING!!!!

if you do your class 2 and pass can u do your c+e the week later are do you have to wait for your licence to come back. cheers.

lgamston:
if you do your class 2 and pass can u do your c+e the week later are do you have to wait for your licence to come back. cheers.

I think you have to wait for your licence to come back - don’t think examiners accept test pass certificates - even though they actually issue them! Something to do with identity I think.

Other than that, full C acts as provisional CE - just as the old HGV Class 2/3 (rigids - and rigids and drags) was a provisional for Class 1 (artics)

Until ypu get your licence back you do not actually have CE provisional. Your pass certificate is entitlement to drive a cat C vehicle, therefore you cant legally drive a CE combination - let alone name or take a test.

In practice your licence is usually back the next week, so a weeks break would probably be as short as you could do it.

ok thanks super lez and smart mart.

I believe that there are licences in circulation that have both provisional C and CE - someone on this forum says he has for starters!

What’s the situation with them? Can they take a test while they wait for their licence to come back - like show their passport for ID - or do they just have to wait the same as everyone else?

SuperLez:
I believe that there are licences in circulation that have both provisional C and CE - someone on this forum says he has for starters!

What’s the situation with them? Can they take a test while they wait for their licence to come back - like show their passport for ID - or do they just have to wait the same as everyone else?

I had provisional C and CE on my licence because I applied before the law changed. I had to do the C first then the CE because I took the tests after the law changed :smiley:

Passprt for ID is only acceptable with the old type licence, if you have a photocard type then both parts have to be produced to the examiner. There may of course be a problem actullay booking or naming a test anyway.