Training

So the day has arrived for me to start on my epic journey into the world of HGV driving. Sitting in the car park at Peter Smythe waiting for Helen my instructor the nerves are setting in but fingers crossed the training will go well and the test on Friday even better :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

good luck mate :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll be fine. Had 4 artics on test today - 100% pass. So looking good.

Listen to what you’re told and ask as many questions as you can think of.

O yes, dont forget to enjoy it.

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Andy1969:
So the day has arrived for me to start on my epic journey into the world of HGV driving. Sitting in the car park at Peter Smythe waiting for Helen my instructor the nerves are setting in but fingers crossed the training will go well and the test on Friday even better :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Was there myself recently. Brilliant instructors. The right balance of encouragement and constructive criticism. Relax, listen and most of all, engage with Helen. Her husband Cliff trained me, though I failed first time due to a partially blocked junction and a poorly timed truck having to navigate round me slightly, but passed second time 4 weeks later after 2 hours with the main man himself, Pete.

Get yourself a good nights sleep and make sure you have some breakfast so you can be focused for the training and the test.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the replies had a good first day (better than I thought it would be) looking forward to tomorrow :smiley:

Pleased to hear 1st day was good. Hopefully that will continue; you’re in very good hands.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good to hear that had a good first day, just under 2 weeks time and ill be sitting doing the same thing :smiley: :smiley:

Day 2 Good start good end bit of a wobble in the middle but all in all very pleased with the training, I’m as ready as I can be for test tomorrow (Friday) the reverse is a lot easier than I was expecting. Thanks again Helen for the last 2 days really great training would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to learn.

Thanks for the recommendation. Hope it goes to plan tomorrow. No reason to expect otherwise.

Get a good night’s kip. Dont forget your licence!

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing: