Training

Hello,

After being laid off recently ive now decided to take the plunge and get my HGV.

Having passed my car licence in 1997 (dec) I missed out on grandfather rights so have to go the whole hog…

Ive driven large vans for the last 15 years as part of my job and I do enjoy being out on the road.

I have my medical on Saturday which I paid £48.

After researching online ive narrowed the training school to either

Peter Smythe (100 mile from me)
Eddie Stobart (3 mile from me )

The latter are offering a guaranteed job for all students who train and pass with them.

Your thoughts and advice is appreciated

Peter Smyth out of the two. I trained with someone else in the North but everyone on here recommends Peter.
I know of people getting trained with stobbies and being tied into a job for a period of time afterwards

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

kopite81:
The latter are offering a guaranteed job for all students who train and pass with them.

Do you have that in writing and if yes what are the contract terms such as how long do you need to work for them until you can leave without a financial penalty :question:

ROG:

kopite81:

Do you have that in writing and if yes what are the contract terms such as how long do you need to work for them until you can leave without a financial penalty :question:

Its on the site under training big blue banner and I received this from them yesterday

Eddie Stobart is a brand synonymous with high quality and excellence and we train our drivers to the highest standard. We have our own Driving Schools located in the North West (WA7 1NT) and Midlands (NN6 7ES). Our qualified instructors will provide you with all the training required to gain your Category C and C+E Licences and we guarantee you a driving job on completion of your training. The cost is £2800 + VAT = £3360.

kopite81:

ROG:

kopite81:

Its on the site under training big blue banner and I received this from them yesterday

Eddie Stobart is a brand synonymous with high quality and excellence and we train our drivers to the highest standard. We have our own Driving Schools located in the North West (WA7 1NT) and Midlands (NN6 7ES). Our qualified instructors will provide you with all the training required to gain your Category C and C+E Licences and we guarantee you a driving job on completion of your training. The cost is £2800 + VAT = £3360.

It cost me £2,500 all in and that was only Dec '17/Jan '18.

stuwozere1:

kopite81:

ROG:

kopite81:

It cost me £2,500 all in and that was only Dec '17/Jan '18.

Was that with Eddies?

No mate, with a company in Doncaster

The offer of a job with Stobarts is worth £0. Anyone with a licence can get a job there. It’s low paid, long hours, and few drivers stay long. I’ve heard Stobarts cabs are dirty. Best avoided if you ask me.