Training

Hello, i just wondered who had trained through peter smythe? He certainly sounds like hes one of the best but i just thought id ask people who had been with him? I very much think I’ll be training at his company. Thanks in advance.

Well having done both Cat C and Cat C+E this year with Peter Smythe I could not recommend him highly enough - superb trainers, excellent vehicles and great staff, browse the forum and you will find many recommendations for Peter Smythe - so go ahead, he is one of the good guys and you can book with confidence.

I will be training with him, theory’s booked for early Dec I’ll be doing c/ce with him…I had 2 separate people recommend him and read nothing but good things on here about his set up and so far the service I’ve had from his team has been spot on…I’ve no worries about doing my training with him at all…

Thanks for the responses so far. I have my medicals booked this weekend and then i will be sending off for my license. Im already doing well with my practice theory so should be booking that and doing it myself before long.

Then i plan to do my cpc, C and C+E through Pete.

Then it’s the hard part, finding a job!

A site search will reveal LOADS on here who have trained with PS and all with great results

I trained elsewhere, under the recommendations of folk on here, and they were an awesome bunch.

If I had my time again, and known what I know now, it’d be PSST every time. (Bear in mind I also passed both classes first time)

Pete has been an absolute diamond to me (despite me never having been a customer of his) no question has ever been too dumb to ask, and every response I’ve ever had has been really helpful.

In fact, if it hadn’t been for Pete, I probably wouldn’t be working where I am now!!!

I put up a post asking for some info on the company. Pete probably just did what I should have done in the first place, and googled them, saw the size of the company, quality of the fleet, as well as the website…

Next thing you know, Jed’s a millionaire [emoji3]

Passed both C & C+E with PSTT, the latter today! :smiley: (Both first time)

As for my thoughts, see above pal! :smiley:
I doubt there is better…

Great to hear peoples success stories :slight_smile:
This leads me to my biggest fear, how hard will it be to get a job at the end of this? Assuming people can help push me in the right direction?

Re: My Cat C journey

Postby NickW88 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:00 pm

License arrived at 10am. By 11.30 I was signed up with 2 agencies. By 5pm booked in for my first shift tomorrow at 6am. Excited and apprehensive

There’s the evidence. In fairness, there is always increased demand at this time of year. But there is a driver shortage starting to bite. And it’s serious enough for FTA and RHA to be holding top level talks with government to find a solution. It may not be obvious yet - but it’s there on the near horizon.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the comments. Cheques despatched as normal!

The shortage should definitely be an advantage.

Pete, providing i do my training with you, which i think i will be doing, would you be able to help me with how to get a driving job or is it not something you can help with?

Kingy91:
Great to hear peoples success stories :slight_smile:
This leads me to my biggest fear, how hard will it be to get a job at the end of this? Assuming people can help push me in the right direction?

I am getting plenty of work through the agencies. I also see plenty of firms advertising for drivers, most want experience but not all.

Pete, providing i do my training with you, which i think i will be doing, would you be able to help me with how to get a driving job or is it not something you can help with?

It’s our job to help you get your licences as a priority. Unfortunately, you’ve had your head filled with the broker crap promising assistance with work. The reality of that is access to Jobcentre websites.

Occasionally an operator will ask us if we’ve got a driver we can recommend and then we’ll try to help. (It has to be said that this happened last week and ended in disaster. We didn’t know the operator so maybe this was a bad move. Lesson learned!). But if it’s an operator we know then we always put folks together.

We have contacts with better agencies who will happily take our newly qualified drivers but, by the nature of agencies, this work cant be relied upon.

But I emphasise we make no promises to find you a job although we will help all we can.

Please excuse the blunt reply; lots of things I am, but I aint a liar!

I don’t want no false promises :slight_smile:
Yeah that’s true, the broker called me again today to try and convince me not to cancel with them.
Luring me with the companies they apparently supply but they have no evidence of that on there website.
All i meant in terms of help was contacts such as good agencies etc. I know your training not job finding place.

Update; i have cut my link to the broker company and will be getting my deposit back! They were very persistent and did not want me to go! (someone lost there commission!). I have now decided to train with Peter smythe. After speaking to him and othere who have been to him it was a bit of a no brainer. Eye exam was passed on Saturday, gp medical this week then its off for my provisional!

Fingers crossed for a straight forward, successful training period!

Just keep in touch with the team at the office and they will smooth out the wrinkles for you. It’s what we do.

BTW, thanks for the potential booking.

Good luck with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing: