Training Truck Pics

Hi all,

Any readers on here that read the “New and Wannabe Drivers” forum will know I am going through my Class 2 (Cat C) training shortly, and want to progress to Class 1 (Cat C+E) as soon as I can. But what I want to ask is, has anyone got pics of any training vehicles. I notice they dont seem to get a look in much on here. I am happy if they are yours, one you trained in, new pics, old pics, any size, as long as it is a training truck I am happy.

Thanks in advance.

NewBlood

Did my C in this:

Did my C+E in this (had a slightly shorter box trailer on for my test):

:smiley:

did my artic in this

Thanks guys.

beattun - Did you have to do your artic with a B-Train (like in pic)? I bet the reverse was a (swearword here).

I forgot to add. Here is what I will be doing my assesment drive and my training in (or one of her twin sisters), then hopefully move up to her CE sisters.

NewBlood:
Hi all,

Any readers on here that read the “New and Wannabe Drivers” forum will know I am going through my Class 2 (Cat C) training shortly, and want to progress to Class 1 (Cat C+E) as soon as I can. But what I want to ask is, has anyone got pics of any training vehicles. I notice they dont seem to get a look in much on here. I am happy if they are yours, one you trained in, new pics, old pics, any size, as long as it is a training truck I am happy.

Thanks in advance.

NewBlood

Took mine in this, 1981:

Had two cracking days out with it fully-freighted with test weights too: one day in the Yorkshire Dales,
and another in the Lake District. 180 Gardner & 10-speed Fuller.

First time I have seen a pusher 6x2 Atki like that. Ver smart indeed though.

NB

NewBlood:

NB

ah, not a pusher - it’s a second steer axle. It dates from the days when you needed 5 axles for 32 tons, in most circumstances. I loved it to bits when I drove it, which is why I went to great lengths to buy it many years later!

Somebody has found a use for a BMC

240 Gardner:

NewBlood:

NB

ah, not a pusher - it’s a second steer axle. It dates from the days when you needed 5 axles for 32 tons, in most circumstances. I loved it to bits when I drove it, which is why I went to great lengths to buy it many years later!

Did you end up buying her? If so, got any more pics?

truckfing:
Somebody has found a use for a BMC

No-doubt going to get stuff thrown at me for this one, but I must admit I quite like the BMC’s. What tonnage do they go upto? do they do a tractor?

Cheers

NB

NewBlood:

240 Gardner:

NewBlood:

NB

Did you end up buying her? If so, got any more pics?

NB

yes I did, and yes I have!

The third pics is the most recent - I took that in 2005

Oh, and by the way - the green one qualifies too, as it was built new as a training vehicle for the RTITB in 1970

You should not have said you like them NB. I liked them when they were badged as ERFs. The biggest one I have seen is a six wheeler and the most famous ERF version must be this 6x2 of Stocks from St. Dennis in Cornwall

NewBlood:
Thanks guys.

beattun - Did you have to do your artic with a B-Train (like in pic)? I bet the reverse was a (swearword here).

nah the b-double is a different licence, i took it with a single 40 foot trailer, some amount of kick in that truck though, the instructor made a very clear point of telling us to go easy on the right foot lol

some of the pics need resizing in this thread as they make the screen too wide :unamused:

The one i did my training in

A couple I took at Livingston last year -

I use to own and teach in both of these a few years ago around lincoln and grimsby
training

Class 1, Feb 2008

beattun:
did my artic in this

just dug out some better photos of test day :

im 6 foot 2 and a bit by the way, gives you an idea of the size of the truck