Training schools

Hi I’ve been looking around different driving schools with the idea to do my class one.

Could anyone tell me what’s the difference between Dvsa registered schools and ones that are not.

Also is it a compulsory for the trainers to have a Dvsa instructor rating or not.

Thanks in advance

wazzanwf:
Hi I’ve been looking around different driving schools with the idea to do my class one.

Could anyone tell me what’s the difference between Dvsa registered schools and ones that are not.

Also is it a compulsory for the trainers to have a Dvsa instructor rating or not.

Thanks in advance

The 1st time pass rates do not seem to be different between those instructors that are voluntary DVSA registered and those that are not - at least that is what I found when I was instructing

DVSA registered schools usually have a better set up and you get to train where you do the test - also you may get to pass the odd pleasantry with the examiners so they are not strangers on test day

ROG:
DVSA registered schools usually have a better set up and you get to train where you do the test - also you may get to pass the odd pleasantry with the examiners so they are not strangers on test day

Mine was registered but didn’t get to see the examiner before, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen.
What I did appreciate though was that I did my reverse on the same tarmac that I trained on…

Thanks for the info

Accredited Schools have a demonstrable pass rate IRO 20% better than their local test centre.

Accredited Schools HAVE to employ registered instructors and, IMO, this contributes to the higher pass rate.

It’s not possible to establish the pass rate of schools using public centres as they are in the same pot.

Do not confuse DVSA Accredited Schools with simply having a private test centre. It’s a totally different thing.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: