Training percentage pass rate?

I know schools are very proud of their pass rates and mine has 82% …How do I know that ■■..My trainer could be bull shooting me,… Is there anywhere that has the pass rates for the schools IE… pass rate.GOV… or some such or is it just a number that schools pick out of thin air ?

Can’t comment on what anybody says but if you look at the bigger picture they could have a run of terrible drivers who might struggle to pass, let alone first time, but on the other hand a run of good students who are natural drivers, perhaps used to driving large vehicles (buses) like I was, lots of different factors could affect a pass rate, at the end of the day if your happy with the instructor why worry about it :smiley:

There are no official figures for LGV school first time pass rates

They can only do pass rates on accredited test centres.

Paul :smiley:

Ahh, many thanks to everyone…that clears that one up…

Out of date but an indication?

lantrain.co.uk/pdf/dsa%20lg … 012-13.pdf

elmet training:
They can only do pass rates on accredited test centres.

Do those give first time pass rates?

There is no official published pass rate but trainers do have the option of publishing their own. Most schools you call and ask will quote between 85%-90% 1st time passes. This is a ridiculous figure and can seldom be achieved.

Of course it depends on the timescale involved. 2 tests, 2 passes in a week = 100% that week. Try 6 tests 4 passes. Most trainers would love that, but that equates to 66.66%. If 1 of the 2 fails passes on the retest it further dilutes it to 8 tests 5 passes = 62.5%.

If the pass rate is important to you, and personally I think it’s irrelevant because the only result you are actually interested in is yours then ask the trainer for evidence. This is the kind of evidence you should look for:-

flairtraining.co.uk/studentgallery.htm

LGVTrainer:
There is no official published pass rate but trainers do have the option of publishing their own. Most schools you call and ask will quote between 85%-90% 1st time passes. This is a ridiculous figure and can seldom be achieved.

My official figure for 2015 was 87% first time pass rate which includes practical tests and module 4. The candidates who did fail first time came back and passed except one who has yet to pass. My trucks are manual, a six speed splitter and a slap over.

I did have a run of 23 consecutive passes last year. I must admit that I will probably never better that ever again.