Training in West Cumbria

New to the forum and looking for a bit of advice really, I’m wanting to do my C and C+E and change careers, there doesn’t seem to be much choice of training providers up here. I’ve phoned trainrite and system training. Both are round about the same price. Has any one had any experience with either of them?

Going to try and get the ball rolling asap. A friend of mine recently did his but went across to Newcastle to do it but I’d rather do it nearby.

Didn’t realise how much it cost till I’d phoned up, going to try and sort an interest free loan out tonight.

I went with trainrite would recommend them mark (instructor) has a vey good pass rate .

syramax:
I went with trainrite would recommend them mark (instructor) has a vey good pass rate .

I was hoping they would get a recommendation, closest to me by a good bit.

Have you checked out the training schools link in my signature below ?

ROG:
Have you checked out the training schools link in my signature below ?

Yeah that was the first thread I looked in when I found the site. Shows nithcree And system for ■■■■■■■■ I’ve had bad experiences with nithcree in the past (nothing to do with trucks mind) so a bit put off by them.

I’ve had a couple of people local recommend system and train rite so I’m stuck between the two of them.

On paper and in theory, System should be better as they’ve got the DVSA accreditation but I think the general advice is to go see them if you’re unsure, see what the facilities are like and age of trucks and often they’ll allow you a quick assessment drive which is handy to see if you get on with them. Trust me, you need to get on with someone who’s teaching you when you’re in a truck for that many hours of intensive training…! :slight_smile:

In your case, if the other company are closer and you like them on a visit them I’d probably go with them - saves lots of driving to / from the training which can be tiring enough.

One other thing I’d check is if they run auto or manual trucks. Auto is defo easier initially as they take out some of the complications during the test, and then you can figure out 8 speeds gearboxes afterwards, although that’s a whole new debate which could and has run to many pages!

I’ll try and get through to them, they both seemed pleasant on the phone but they were just office staff so I guess they have to be.

I was going through to trainrite Monday morning, so I’ll be able to have a chat with them and hopefully have an assessment drive, and I’ve got 3 days away in a wagon the end of next week. Lucky enough to have a friend that’s taking me out with him.

System have just been on the news there working with stobbarts to train a load of new drivers due to a supposed shortage in the area of drivers.

Booked my medical today, £50 supposed to be the cheapest place in ■■■■■■■■ Whitehaven medical centre if any ones looking good to book one in the area.

trainrite is a manual (scania ) :slight_smile:

syramax:
trainrite is a manual (scania ) :slight_smile:

What’s the trainee like? Easy to get along with kinda person?

the trainer mark is a gentleman , very easy to get along with