Training in the North East

Hi I passed my class 1 about 2 years ago in a wagon and drag, but since then apart from 2 days driving an artic about a year ago with an assessor with me from the company I have only driven class 2 tippers, I have just relocated up to Teesside and have started looking for work, (I did find one tipper company but they took an age to pay my invoice so kicked them into touch) I have made a contact who will offer me work on artics working for Aldi but through him using his wagons. Anyway I will cut to the chase I am still not confident driving an artic as like I said I passed on wagon and drag so am looking at paying for a day refresher with some driving practice and a lot of reversing practice,
Can anyone recommend a HGV driving school up here in the North East near Teesside and Darlington that is good and offers day refreshers to try and bolster my confidence.
cheers

Wow, that’s a long way to go! Hope you had your jabs and everything.

Suggest you pm animal

She is in your approx. area and knows the locals. (Unless you fancy a day trip to Mansfield of course)

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I did my Class 2 with a firm called Teeside Lgv 8 months ago.Enjoyed my training and couldn’t fault them.They are based in South Bank,Middlesbrough.Dont know if they do one day refreshers but it’s worth giving them a call.

Teesside is not the North East it is Smoggy land :laughing: :laughing: I did my CE in a W&D & have never driven 1 since only ever driven a full artic but there are a couple of company’s in the Teesside area as has been said

I went down to John at Flair training Chelmsford for mine or as Peter said a day o Mansfield

A trip up the A19 to Tyne & Wear LGV on the Felling by pass google.co.uk/search?client= … gws_rd=ssl

You could google Teesside LGV training as there are a few look for 01642 area code telephone wise as that is prob your area

animal:
Teesside is not the North East it is Smoggy land :laughing: :laughing: I did my CE in a W&D & have never driven 1 since only ever driven a full artic but there are a couple of company’s in the Teesside area as has been said

I went down to John at Flair training Chelmsford for mine or as Peter said a day o Mansfield

A trip up the A19 to Tyne & Wear LGV on the Felling by pass google.co.uk/search?client= … gws_rd=ssl

You could google Teesside LGV training as there are a few look for 01642 area code telephone wise as that is prob your area

I drove past Tyne and Wear training yesterday, don’t know anything about them but they have a nice looking fleet. The left turn onto the bypass from their yard can catch you out if a wagon comes the other way just as you’re heading round it :wink:

Tyne & Wear was a win in my case.
You’ll be extra lucky if you get Dave… well not so much when you consider the shrink fees for afterwards :open_mouth:
Drop me a PM if you want anymore details.

Jon

Les Shoes:

animal:

I drove past Tyne and Wear training yesterday, don’t know anything about them but they have a nice looking fleet. The left turn onto the bypass from their yard can catch you out if a wagon comes the other way just as you’re heading round it :wink:

Is this the one controlled by lights :question: if so it is a lot worse hen you think

animal:
Is this the one controlled by lights :question: if so it is a lot worse hen you think

The long curve that tightens up at the end where the lights are, you start getting yourself right over to get round the corner without your trailer going up the low curb on the left then someone comes the other way and you realise you don’t have as much room as you thought!

Les Shoes:

animal:

The long curve that tightens up at the end where the lights are, you start getting yourself right over to get round the corner without your trailer going up the low curb on the left then someone comes the other way and you realise you don’t have as much room as you thought!

Yep know it well

But you can cheat & go to next set of lights down where 3663 is :laughing:

animal:

Les Shoes:

animal:

Yep know it well

I’ll try and remember that one, cheers :slight_smile:

You practically drive past my house when going there :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

Les Shoes:

animal:

Yep know it well

Our yard is round the corner from Tyne and Wear lgv I all ways go to the lights at 3663 as its a better route

animal:

Excellent, you can get the kettle on then!

Les Shoes:

animal:

I was going to say that :grimacing: but I only go to our yard about 3 times per week as I am away all week

taz1972:

Les Shoes:

animal:

I was going to say that :grimacing: but I only go to our yard about 3 times per week as I am away all week

Not a problem as long as you check I don’t need anything 1st as still on crutches :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

taz1972 who do you work for as not many firms down there although a couple

animal:

taz1972:

Les Shoes:

animal:

Not a problem as long as you check I don’t need anything 1st as still on crutches :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

taz1972 who do you work for as not many firms down there although a couple

Hi hope you are ok how have you ended up on crutches ■■? I work for gap haulage

Fell of back of lorry in aug

Ah say hi to Peter in the office know a few of there drivers as well who worked at Howard Longs

animal:

Ah say hi to Peter in the office know a few of there drivers as well who worked at Howard Longs

I will longs lads would it be Tommy, davey,Bob and prob a few more I’ve only been here about 5 or 6 weeks and am enjoying the job

Hope your better soon

taz1972:

animal:

I will longs lads would it be Tommy, davey,Bob and prob a few more I’ve only been here about 5 or 6 weeks and am enjoying the job

Hope your better soon

Yep Robert as well think there are a couple more

Oh tell Peter in office I still have that tenna in my pocket for him ( he prob forgot now mind but I haven’t must get it to him as soon as can drive )

animal:

taz1972:

animal:

Hope your better soon

Yep Robert as well think there are a couple more

Oh tell Peter in office I still have that tenna in my pocket for him ( he prob forgot now mind but I haven’t must get it to him as soon as can drive )

Will do no probs will he no you as animal ■■ So how long you on the sick ?