Training in cornwall?

Are there any good training schools in cornwall that anyone can recomend■■? or is more likely that i’ll have to travel further up country to train■■?

Thanks,
John.

Ambrose:
Are there any good training schools in cornwall that anyone can recomend■■? or is more likely that i’ll have to travel further up country to train■■?

Thanks,
John.

I know of 4 training schools in Cornwall.

1. DMT based in Camborne/Redruth. They do a lot of jobcentre courses for LGV. They used to have a reputation for old motors that always broke down although they seem to have a better fleet now.

2. Truronian based in truro. Again they do a lot of courses for the jobcentre and I personally found them to be a bit expensive. Class 2 is Volvo fl Class 1 is a Volvo artic. Nice to drive. Personally I would not touch them but that is mostly down to the way I was treated when I drove buses for them!!! I believe the training side is a bit better

3. Central training based at Fraddon. Don’t know much about them other than they seem to have some very tidy ERF lorries. Price wasn’t to bad

4. Martins Driver Training. Not sure where they are based or anything else about them as they are fairly new to my knowledge. They run some nice looking Scania vehicles.

Those are the main one’s I see. (Bearing in mind I live within 5 miles of the testing station in Pool, Redruth)

I actually did my training with a company up at Chelmsford. It actually worked out cheaper for me (inc flights from Newquay to Stanstead and accom) but that was due to the fact the school offered a 25% discount for PCV holders

Hope this is of some help to you

Stuart

Thanks for the info stuart, i never knew there was a training school as close as camborne, thats 20 mins from me.
As i’m currantly on benifits i’ll have a word with the jobcenter to see if there’s a way to get help with training fee’s.

Thanks again,
John.

Not Cornwall, but I used www.lorrydrivertraining.co.uk on the Cornish side of Exeter. I passed both C and C+E first time, and I’d thoroughly recommend them. If you want to stay there for the week, the website lists some local B&Bs; I can recommend Mrs Claire Lovell - nice place, good value, and only about half a mile from the training centre.