Training in Bolton

Hi everyone, I am looking to start down the road (sorry the pun) of doing my test and just wondered if anyone had heard of hgvnorthman in Bolton. Also a lot of training companies I have spoke to have said I can take my class 1 after 3 weeks (if i pass 2) is this wise? Or are they just after more money :slight_smile:

Thanks

Tom

tommo:
Also a lot of training companies I have spoke to have said I can take my class 1 after 3 weeks (if i pass 2) is this wise?

IMO yes itā€™s something Iā€™d also recommend, good luck finding a training school :slight_smile: .

Donā€™t know about training schools in your area, but Iā€™ve recently done both my licences one after the other (about a month between them), and I would say if you want the Class 1 licence, have access to the funds, and get through your Class 2 first time, go for it. After all, youā€™re qualified for all classes then, if Class 1 work doesnā€™t fall in your lap - since getting my Class 1, Iā€™ve driven vans, 7.5 tonners, 18t rigids and artics.

It all pays the bills :wink:

I suspect that works for some people and not for others, although bear in mind that you used to go for class one without having to go for class two first !! I had a couple of months inbetween, but best to see how you get on with the class two and if you are confident enough then why not ā– ā– 

G

Hi and welcome to TruckNet UK tommo :smiley: .
Also good luck with your training and tests :smiley:

I would say If funds allow go straight back in for your class one. That way your upto speed with what is required for a ā€œtestā€ By that i mean youare already aware of what makes a good drive, the test routes, the test centre etc. :sunglasses: If you leave it a couple of months/years you may develop bad habits :smiling_imp: and forgotten how to drive for a test, So it would be like starting over againā€¦

You might never use it but at least you have itā€¦

Bones:
I would say If funds allow go straight back in for your class one. That way your upto speed with what is required for a ā€œtestā€ By that i mean youare already aware of what makes a good drive, the test routes, the test centre etc. :sunglasses: If you leave it a couple of months/years you may develop bad habits :smiling_imp: and forgotten how to drive for a test, So it would be like starting over againā€¦

You might never use it but at least you have itā€¦

Bones is right as far as Iā€™m concerned, take them both while you are used to learning.

Thanks everyone,ill let you know the outcome just need to sort out a training school now.

Gazzareth:
although bear in mind that you used to go for class one without having to go for class two first !!

You used to be able to do your class 1 without even having passed your car test! If you did it this way you had to display a normal ā€˜Lā€™ plate and the old style HGV (pre LGV terminology) ā€˜Lā€™ plate.