Training funding

Hi everyone are there any HGV training schools that can fund training. I heard that network HGV do but not sure if its true or not. PS i live in Southampton. :question:

markthemod:
Hi everyone are there any HGV training schools that can fund training. I heard that network HGV do but not sure if its true or not. PS i live in Southampton. :question:

Sorry for being dense but what do you mean by “fund training”, are you talking about a loan of some sort because if you are then I’d advise against it unless you have a definite job to go to after training.

Some people have had funding through the Jobcentre but there are conditions applied.

mrpj:
Some people have had funding through the Jobcentre but there are conditions applied.

Not any more all funding has been stopped for now the only thing they will give you is some money to buy clothes for an interview

tachograph:

markthemod:

Sorry for being dense but what do you mean by “fund training”, are you talking about a loan of some sort because if you are then I’d advise against it unless you have a definite job to go to after training.

Thinks he means a loan but I would totally agree with you on this & I dont know any training providers that would do this some of the brokers might but I would advise against using any of these

We have recently tendered for and been awarded 2 jobcentre funded LGV candidates in different parts of the country.

They only received the funding because they took letters from an employer into the local jobcentre. The letters basically said there was a job on offer if the guy held a LGV licence.

One of the guys got a letter from a friend who ran a couple of trucks but the other was a genuine letter from a company.

It seems that if you are unemployed and can prove you will be leaving the dole queue once passed there may be some money still in the pot.

Regards

John
Flair Training