Training booked - what to wear?

Hi,
i decided earlier in the year that being a driver is for me (after years of humming and hawing). Passed Theory, HPT and Case study back to back on Tuesday and booked in for my practical that afternoon at Ritchies in Glasgow. I’m just awaiting my confirmation and training plan in the post, but the thought has occurred to me that I’m not sure what is the norm to wear and take with me!

Can anyone advise? I’m thinking that if i get into the same routine as if i was going to “work” then this wouldnt do me any harm - ie Hivis, safety boots and gloves?

Thanks

elniniol999

Not sure i would wear safety boots to be honest…Trainers probably best…I take my safety boots of once in the cab…And trainers on…

Hi elniniol999,

You’ve already had some great advice from daftvader, so I’ll just add that you’ll need a hi-viz when you’re in the yard/test centre, but please don’t worry if you don’t have a hi-viz, because you’ll very probably be provided with one.

Apart from that, I’d suggest that you wear something comfortable that isn’t going to be a distraction whilst you’re training.
I’d advise you to take small towel (or similar) and a small bottle of water for your own comfort because some people can suffer with sweaty palms or a dry mouth whilst training.

Please don’t worry too much, because you’ll be given all the instructions/info that you’ll need on the day.

Enjoy!! :smiley:

Don’t forget a packed lunch or money to buy some. :wink:

thanks guys!

sometimes its the simplest things you overlook… lunch!

just over 2 weeks away but im already excited :slight_smile:

You’ve chosen a DVSA Accredited LGV Centre - well done for that. This assures you of standards and I’m sure you’ll be well looked after. Give my regards to Walter Richie - was at a meeting with him just this Monday.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

They will give you hi vis at ritches. I would definitely wear comfortable trainers. Done my class 2 there a few weeks ago mate. Very friendly and helpful people, great place to learn.

millerd805:
They will give you hi vis at ritches. I would definitely wear comfortable trainers. Done my class 2 there a few weeks ago mate. Very friendly and helpful people, great place to learn.

I would still go pick up your own Hi-vis that way it’s comfy and fits and will only have your own sweaty body odour on it :wink:

i found a brand new sealed hi vis in the glovebox of the car from when i was driving in france! result! :smiley:

As above, something comfortable. I wore my lycra Spiderman costume! :open_mouth:

It really clashed with the Hi-Viz :unamused:

Evil8Beezle:
As above, something comfortable. I wore my lycra Spiderman costume! :open_mouth:

It really clashed with the Hi-Viz :unamused:

Sorry I think you would esp from reading your other blog of your driving, Evil8beezle.

I personally wore Batman costume.

Nah Just wear something comfortable, I wore shorts/trackies just due to it was a warm week! (Of course had t-shirt on)

Wear what’s comfy to you. I drive in boots, so I wore boots and my work trousers. I drive ‘hot’ so just a t shirt and as has been said before a bottle of water or Lucozade and a bar of chocolate can help.

Packet of chewing gum too. Never anywhere without one, me :laughing:

A.

Adonis.:
Wear what’s comfy to you. I drive in boots, so I wore boots and my work trousers. I drive ‘hot’ so just a t shirt and as has been said before a bottle of water or Lucozade and a bar of chocolate can help.

A.

Might be your diet pal! :wink:

I did mine in jeans, t-shirt and trainers, and I have absolutely no idea why, but I turned up for my test in safety boots, a new pair of work trousers and a clean navy polo shirt. Don’t ask me why, I just think I wanted to make a good impression on the examiner. Seemed to work, so I did the same for my class 1.

PaulNowak:
I did mine in jeans, t-shirt and trainers, and I have absolutely no idea why, but I turned up for my test in safety boots, a new pair of work trousers and a clean navy polo shirt. Don’t ask me why, I just think I wanted to make a good impression on the examiner. Seemed to work, so I did the same for my class 1.

Yeah also pulling your wallet out on your test for examiner is not a good start!

Evil8Beezle:

Adonis.:

A.

Nonsense, I am a fine specimen of a man. My physique is exemplary.

I am a bit weird though, can sit in the passenger side with a jumper on and need the heating on and be driving with a t shirt or less and the window down, 5 minutes apart. :laughing:

Annoys everyone else if I have a car full, ‘Put the window up!’, ‘No, its a bloody oven in here!’ as the wipers battle the blizzard outside…

A.

Adonis.:

Evil8Beezle:

Adonis.:

A.

Nonsense, I am a fine specimen of a man. My physique is exemplary.

I am a bit weird though, can sit in the passenger side with a jumper on and need the heating on and be driving with a t shirt or less and the window down, 5 minutes apart. :laughing:

Annoys everyone else if I have a car full, ‘Put the window up!’, ‘No, its a bloody oven in here!’ as the wipers battle the blizzard outside…

A.

LOL - Ype, you sound like a nightmare! :laughing:

You should be on ice road truckers then! :open_mouth:

Sooo…What did you wear? Your full 3 piece suit? or just chilling clothes?

ive not been yet… ill probably go with a comfy pair of jeans and trainers. ive got a fancy dress costume but nt sure id be comfy in a condom wrapper! haha