Training and using finance

Dear all,

If I’m looking at pass my cat c this year then I may have to go down the road of financing it. I’ve found a site named jcoates.co.uk/ who look like they offer finance

Can anyone comment on this trainer impartially or at least a good trainer who offer finance.

It’s a shame my overtime has stopped at work as this would have paid for a cat c in a few months grrrr I’m dead set on getting this done this year I really need a career change :unamused:

All the best to everyone
David

Get a credit card that way you can find the best training provider possible instead of looking for the limited number of trainers who provide finance. No doubt the ones that provide finance are not dvsa accredited and are pretty ■■■■■ in terms of their training.

Coates are reputable but if I was going to finance this then perhaps take out a new credit card with perhaps 2 years free interest :bulb:

Thanks guys !

They are at least a proper training company as most who offer finance seem to be brokers, ie: farm the work out. The company seems sound and does get good feedback, but I have heard that some of their instructors are a little, well, suited better for ex-army recruits than your average Joe Bloggs who’s already nervous as hell. Think it depends heavily who you get.

Finance would agree with the credit card option, even one that charges low interest. Also quite a lot of banks are doing very low interest loans currently, eg: Lloyds are around 4.4% which is a lot less than your average credit card. Would maybe have a look on the Money Saving Expert site for any offers assuming your credit rating is reasonable (although your own bank might offer better rates).

I never encourage anyone to take on short term debt for training. Even if there’s a job offer, there is always the possibility that the test might not be passed. It’s unusual, but can happen.

But longer term finance, eg interest free over 12 months + is a fair option provided that existing income will cover the repayments.

I urge anyone not to take on debt unless it can be comfortably repaid with current income. Do not rely on huge earnings driving trucks to repay short term, high monthly payment, debt.

No desire to talk myself out of work, but I like to sleep at night!

Pete :laughing: :laughing: