Training advice needed

So I started my practical training on Friday had a really good instructor really laid back approach to it. He said it is now fine to cross your hands on the steering wheel but your just not allowed to let it slide on the way back through. Now I have a different instructor today and he has told me this is a fail #confussed any advice?

No problem crossing hands, or letting it slide back through your fingers for that matter. BUT, it’s not best practice and any perceived lack of control will be marked.

It’s actually quicker, easier, more relaxed, more efficient, smarter just to steer properly. Sadly, most folks interpret that as “push pull”. It isn’t. It’s using the whole wheel, all 360 degrees of it. No backache, no risk of loss of control. It’s all good. Any good instructor will be able to demonstrate and teach this. It’s commonly used by high speed pursuit police drivers so cant be that bad.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Peter I did think the first guy was right as why would you tell someone something that could create a fail

why would you tell someone something that could create a fail

I wouldn’t!! But there are untrained, unqualified “instructors” out there that tend to guess and this can lead to problems on test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

[emoji1303]