Traing centers northwest

Hi, i have been browsing this site a wile n find it intesting.
I passed my class 2 and cpc in jan with help off this site :slight_smile:
I got my self a full time job driving 18t curtain rigid multi drop. Been doing it since may… Did a cupple months in 7.5t had a verry bad start with minor accidents… But hey it happens.
But i cant help thinking about jacking multi drop n doing something less stressfull 15-20 drops is hard work.
I passed my class two in manual. But read i can do my class 1 in auto n drive both? I i right?
My class 2 at work is auto its pritty much all i have drove since my test.
I passed my test with red rose in bolton…
Can any one reconmend a training center with auto class one in north west?
Thanks scott

Try Lancaster Training Services

lantrain.co.uk/index.html

I did my DCPC with them , Very profesional outfit

Steve

Auto pass in C+E = manual as a long as you have B category or higher in manual

We have just got our new Volvo Auto (truck behind is auto too), first day out today, need to get logo put on it and get grill painted but it drives very very well, we are in the north but not North West, based North Yorkshire.

Lovely kit. My cheque book is twitching!

I’m sure that will work well for you - all the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for replys.
Both are around 60 miles away from me… But suppose if there worth traveling for if there good!
Tockwith… How much is a driving assment? Have you any spaces free on friday or saturday? Im hoping that will help me make my mind up if its for me.
Would i have to use my digi card?
I dont want my employer to know… Because my transport manager has mentioned about paying for it…
But i would have to sign a contract etc…
I dont want to do that as i dont fancy dont 20 odd drops in artic… Plus house deliverys on the odd occasion… :open_mouth:

Hi Scott, its £55 for a driving assessment, I’ve got 4 assessments this Saturday but room for a few more, if your interested give us a call, you can visit the lovely city of York at the same time! We are a friendly family firm, no pressure to book any further training, just come and have a go.

You can use your digi card if you want but its not required, the specifically states driver training with an aim to obtaining a driving licence is exempt from EU Drivers Hours Regulations.

I always remember one customer who also didn’t want his employer to find out he was training with us, i think he phoned in sick during the training, however he spotted him while training coming towards him through a roundabout, without saying anything he ducked below the steering wheel so as not to be seen! Rather hazardous and unexpected but at the time there wasn’t much i could do as he drifted unguided through the roundabout, the consequences could have been quite serious.

That better be the 750Hp monster!

Im not going to be like that be no issues in seeing my management 60 miles away…
They will find out eventualy of course but wile im unsure if its what i want may aswell keep it quiet…
Ok i think i will… How much is it for a course? Obviously dont know how many lessions i need. I just dont wana waste your time if i cant afford the course… Thanks verry much for your time replying

SteveWalsh:
Try Lancaster Training Services

lantrain.co.uk/index.html

I did my DCPC with them , Very profesional outfit

Steve

I will second that - Lantrain are a 1st class outfit. I passed my C&E with them at the 1st attempt on 7/11/14. Their arctics are Scania R420s with manual gearboxes that have both range changers & splitters on them. All the training is 1 to 1 & good value for money.

Rgds.

A.

As you have mentioned, cost depends on the duration of your training, for an exact current price ring our office but its between £1000 and £1600. Whoever you choose to train with I hope you succeed to obtain your CE licence, most importantly choose a driving school you trust not a broker, a cheap training course is never good value if you don’t pass. The investment you make in your licence will repay you over and over through employment in to years to come, its a real investment.

Tockwith Training:
We have just got our new Volvo Auto (truck behind is auto too), first day out today, need to get logo put on it and get grill painted but it drives very very well, we are in the north but not North West, based North Yorkshire.

Think im in the wrong game.

Theshrew:

Tockwith Training:

Think im in the wrong game.

Think I should put my prices up. Lol!

Paul :smiley:

YELLOW !! - the safest colour vehicle to have on the road :smiley: