Trainer's Misleading Claims

Following on from my earlier post about 1st Class Trucking and their false claim to be DSA registered, I thought I’d spend a few minutes browsing through some other training sites.

Immediately I found the following trainers/brokers all of whom claim to be either DSA registered or offer DSA approved training. In fact, none of these are on any DSA register. (They may find themselves on one they don’t want to be on!)

LGV TRAINING COMPANY
EASY AS HGV
ADVANTAGE

The fact is that they are making false claims to a registration that only a handfull of trainers in the UK actually have.

For myself, I would struggle to trust anyone making claims they couldn’t substantiate. Maybe it would be entertaining to ask for a copy of the registration? Or just phone DSA and check them out.

As said before, buyer beware!! :laughing: :laughing:

Whilst I agree that making claims to be something you’re not is untrustworthy. Is DSA registration a red herring anyway?

When I did my training nearly 2 years ago, I contacted the DSA to try and get a list of so called accredited trainers and at that time, the only DSA registered training company in my area was Widdowsons. I don’t think anything has changed since then.

I did my class 2 with Data Academy in Leicester and their training was very good but as far as I’m aware, they’re not DSA registered and, apart from Widdowsons, neither are any of the other training companies in Leicester. I did my class 1 with Widdowsons who are DSA registered and their training was good also.

According to this link http://www.dft.gov.uk/dsa/lgv_list_bl.asp?cat=324 there are only 18 DSA registered training companies in the country.

For me, whist I can see some value in having accreditation of any kind, at the end of the day you need an instructor who you can get on with and a decent bit of kit to train in from a company that has a good reputation. The key is to go along and have a look.

I agree with most of what you say. Just because someone isn’t on the DSA register doesn’t mean they’re no good. This has been discussed at length on other posts.

But the ONLY point I was making is that if you can detect downright lies on the website do you really want to trust them further.

DSA Accreditation is a complicated and indepth process; that, in itself, is enough to put some off from going for it. But it does stand as an assurance that systems and facilities are in place. Most professions have some sort of regulation and this is the only one available in this industry.

Good luck all :laughing: :laughing:

Agree that DSA registered trainers may not be any better than those not registered . However if a company makes the effort to be DSA registered , would always give them preference . - at least they have put themselves to the test . !!!

Great advice again thanks Peter lol :smiley: and thanks mat for the link to dsa list and i managed to find the rules for use of the dsa badge on sites as well. few this just gets deeper and deeper … :angry:

use of the dsa badge on sites

…subject to massive abuse. Don’t be kidded. I’ve given you the list to check. :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Peter
he isnt on there i have now read the rules for use of the sign so just gives me more amunition for my case and for Proc serve . ta :smiley: the more i look the more i find i just feel sorry for anyone who is paying private but i bet thats where my first dates given have gone to . :smiley: