Trainers in dorset / devon / somerset

Hi i would like to introduce my self first my names paul i am 26 and i live in Beaminster in dorset and i am looking at getting my C+E licence i have got to do my C class first though. My main question is there anyone that has used a training center around hear i no someone who used srt in exeter and said they are good but on here it says the mod 4 they werent to good with but the practical was very good.

cheers

Yes you will have to do Class 2 first. Also, you should be prepared to travel to find a good training company. Remember, always go to the training company direct, don’t go through any brokers. Go to the yard, speak to the instructors, view the facilities and ask to see the vehicles.

Yes. I did cat C with SRTS. A great bunch. Just look elsewhere for Mod4.

Also you could try Fairway in North Devon. Geoff is a great guy. He only does WnD for C+E but knows his stuff with regards to Mod4.

Just had a look at fairway but the site is under construction so i will give them a ring the other thing is i really wanted to do my class 1 in an artic because people say there are totally different to a WnD

SRTS do Artic training. Yes they are different. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Dean

there’s a few others in the recommended trainers list

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

personally we have used both Taunton Training and Transplant Mastertrain over the years

the usual advice on here is to visit a few , look at the vehicles , meet the trainers etc

getting on with the trainer is always a good thing and what works for one trainee might not for another !

I used RPM ( rpmdrivertraining.co.uk/home.html ) for both C & C+E - I got on well with their trainer Phil Wood and would definitely recommend him. They’ve just merged with Somax - I believe Phil will still be working out of the same place (sort of Charlton Adam / Podimore-ish), but I’m not 100% sure. They do tests in Taunton.

wilbur:
I used RPM ( rpmdrivertraining.co.uk/home.html ) for both C & C+E - I got on well with their trainer Phil Wood and would definitely recommend him. They’ve just merged with Somax - I believe Phil will still be working out of the same place (sort of Charlton Adam / Podimore-ish), but I’m not 100% sure. They do tests in Taunton.

I used RPM for my D training ( did the last test in their bus before they stopped due to changes in vehicle specification rules) , had Les as a trainer , now he was a nice bloke but his training method ( shouting at you a lot ) was not something that helped me ! I did pass though on the 2nd attempt.

he’s probably retired now, IIRC he was the owners Dad.

driverforce in dorchester must be close to you although i know nothing about them i am afraid, i was looking at them for my driver cpc as the one nearest to me wessex t t do not appear on the jaupt web site list of official trainers, shame really as its only a stroll down the road.

Little bit of advice, do not use TLC in Poole.

HECKY:
Little bit of advice, do not use TLC in Poole.

What are your personal experiences of using them?