Trainee lgv driver

Hi,im a trainee class 2 wanna be driver.I have a DR10 on my license wich is now eight years old.How hard or easy would it be for me to find work?? :question: any advise would be appreciated.lol

Wouldn’t like to say to be honest mate, from what I’ve seen you’re in for a tough time - anyone can make a mistake though and a lot can change in 8yrs. 12yrs ago I’d’ve guessed I’d be in prison or dead by now :open_mouth:

Best of luck.

Good luck with that one.

I’d say pretty hard, but not impossible, all you can do is try, admit it was bad mistake and hope someone gives you a break, but also insurence would be hard!!!

driversteve:
Hi,im a trainee class 2 wanna be driver.I have a DR10 on my license wich is now eight years old.How hard or easy would it be for me to find work?? :question: any advise would be appreciated.lol

I hate to be the bearer of bad news mate, but a DR10 will keep all, if not the vast majority, of doors firmly shut. The main reason is the insurance.

Agencies, for instance, won’t touch even highly experienced drivers if they’ve got a DR10.

Best of luck once you’ve passed, but it sounds like you’ll need to rough things out until it’s cleared from your licence.

DR10 sounds serious. It’s not going to be easy because even if companies or agencies wanted to take advantage knowing how hard it is for you to find work, insurance companies still wouldn’t have it.

For class 2 training, I saw this today

and thought it might be interesting to someone. Notice it is direct with the company. I haven’t rang them, but for anyone in the east london area who wants thier class 2 /1 funded, it might be worth a look.

stay safe.

@ danny-jones: Your link doesn’t work :confused:

You can’t really link to jobs on the Job-centre website, it’s best to give the job number so people can search for it :wink:

driversteve:

Given the current work situation I would have to advise you to save your money until the D10 is cleared off your licence, it will cost you an awful lot of money to gain even a cat C licence and will most likely end without even an offer of a job, to be honest even if you did manage to get a job it would almost certainly be one no-one else wants.

I would say that your best chance would be if you know someone in the transport industry who would be prepared to give you a chance, apart from that I’m afraid I doubt that you as a new driver would stand much chance of finding an even half decent driving job witha DR10 on your licence.

Sorry but you did ask :wink:

sorry but what is dr10 :blush:

emmajane:

DR10 is the DVLA code for “Driving or attempting to drive with alcohol level above limit”.

A DR10 on your licence generally means you’ve been convicted of drink driving :wink:

danny-jones:
For class 2 training, I saw this today

jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj … =DAG/28036

Well I thought you couldn’t link to jobs on the Jobcentre site but this works for me :smiley:

Self-motivated and positive individual required to join our team at our Rainham Depot, on our Trainee LGV Programme

Job No: DAG/28036

Employer Reference: Trainee Class 2 Driver Rainham

Wage £411.73 PER WEEK

Hours 50.00 HOURS WORKED OVER 5 DAYS

Location RAINHAM, ESSEX RM13

Duration Permanent

Date posted 04 February 2011

Closing date 11 February 2011

Pension details Pension available

Description:
Self-motivated and positive individual required to join our team at our Rainham Depot, on our Trainee LGV Programme, you will participate in our fully funded 2 year training programme. Ideally you will possess a 7.5 tonne licence with multi drop experience. Working Monday to Friday. Varied starting times to meet business needs. All employees are eligible. to join the company pension scheme. No Agencies please. This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations. For advice on this regulation call ACAS or download Your Guide to the Working Time Regulations from the BERR website: sections 1 - 4.
How to apply

You can apply for this job by telephoning 02920 815833 and asking for Recruitment Hotline.
Employer

Rhys Davies Freight Logistics

i would say you will find it very hard as they are on your licence for ten years if im right in thinking. im finding it hard with a cu80 (mobile offence long story) and legally that is spent as was three years ago but stay on licence for four years. so i would imagine you will struggle certainly no agencies will take you

emmajane:

Hi emmajane,

I think this link might answer your question:

And there’s some more info about licence endorsement codes just :arrow_right: HERE

I hope that helps. :smiley:

thanks all for your commets,much appreciated. Im past my theory test and now awaiting a test and cpc date.I already got this far! :exclamation: i have been offered work aswell :laughing:

cbarnes:
i would say you will find it very hard as they are on your licence for ten years if im right in thinking. im finding it hard with a cu80 (mobile offence long story) and legally that is spent as was three years ago but stay on licence for four years. so i would imagine you will struggle certainly no agencies will take you

If you send your licence off after 3 years (change of address for example) they usually come back with them removed. I have removed 2 speeding offences this way even though the official line is that they should remain for another 12 months. :bulb:

Rob K:

cbarnes:

If you send your licence off after 3 years (change of address for example) they usually come back with them removed. I have removed 2 speeding offences this way even though the official line is that they should remain for another 12 months. :bulb:

if this is right when my licence comes back it should be clean now that would be brill lol

DR10 is on there for 11 yrs to date of conviction. i am just past the 10 yr mark myself. passed me c in june 2010 me licence came back with it on still on there. you will find it very hard indeed some agencys wont take you at all but some will it wont help you put it that way and you still got a few years left to run mate but keep plugging away its a nasty one to get just glad mine is nearly up. i could not hire a car on holiday for first 5 yrs my insurance on my moter was 1500 third party. buts it wot i deserved its a scumbag thing to do.i have learnt my lesson its not worth it. so chin up and goodluck