Trainee Class2 driver

Hi all

Im Arth, 31 from Birmingham. I am currently a Mechanic but after just under 15years of doing it professionally have lost heart in the job. I have always wanted to drive HGV’s as a living started off with a fascination of Heavy Recovery vehicles, but would be happy to do any HGV works.

Anyway after 3-4 years of putting off doing the training (life getting in the way), I have made 2015 my year to gain a new career and my HGV.

I have so far passed

HGV hazard perception 27/1/15 -93/100
HGV Theory (multi Choice) 4/2/15 - 95/100
HGV CPC Case Studies 5/2/15

I have my training for the CPC practical (show me tell me) 16/2/15 with the test the following Tuesday

and I start the practical training on 10th March 2015 with Central Transport Training in Wolverhampton, although there are local ones after doing a few assessment drives I found the instructors and indeed the whole staff including the owner very helpful so decided on a 13 mile trip to that provider.

anyway “HI” and look forward to joining the HGV drivers ranks soon lol

Welcome mate!

Welcome to the forum - any questions, just fire away. To travel 13 miles is nothing - - we have folks come to us who travel 200 miles +. It’s a matter of where you feel comfortable and where you will succeed. To a great extent, the two things go hand in hand.

All the very best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeh I have truckers in the family, I did have assessments with two local companies that were recommended by family but didn’t get the right vibe off them.
I spoke with the better half before embarking on this experience and as I told her I would travel as far as I have to get the right ‘VIBE’ from my instructors.
No point doing training where you don’t feel comfortable.

busby330:
Yeh I have truckers in the family, I did have assessments with two local companies that were recommended by family but didn’t get the right vibe off them.
I spoke with the better half before embarking on this experience and as I told her I would travel as far as I have to get the right ‘VIBE’ from my instructors.
No point doing training where you don’t feel comfortable.

Peter Smythe. Go there.

Hi Busby I just completed training with centra transport training in wolverhampton and have my test tomorrow for my class 2!

Shaun1987:
Hi Busby I just completed training with centra transport training in wolverhampton and have my test tomorrow for my class 2!

Hi mate,
out of interest what instructor you got as Ive requested Mick he had me in stitches on the assessment drive and felt at ease with him but been told there all like that?

Good luck for tomorrow mate, If the training is half as good as Ive been told and been led to believe then you should have no problems at all. Im there tomorrow doing my cpc mod 4 training 7.30am -11.30am (early start gonna kill me as been self employed the last 3 years running my own garage)

I had bob mate he was sound he can’t take me and the other guy for our test tomorrow cause he is doing a mod 4 class but the last week I have had a right laugh! Now I’m just craping myself about the test haha !! But yea I thought they were ok :slight_smile: I’m there at 7am in the morning. Let’s see if I get a pass or fail :open_mouth: lol

looks like im meeting ol’ Bob tomorrow then mate lol. If you get Mick taking you for the test his a good bloke, a biker who dont like bikers pmsl.

Welcome to the site mate. Post questions on Facebook groups and you get a barrage of insults, post then on here and you get helpful answers and genuine support no matter how daft the question. I love it here :slight_smile:

Adam27:
Welcome to the site mate. Post questions on Facebook groups and you get a barrage of insults, post then on here and you get helpful answers and genuine support no matter how daft the question. I love it here :slight_smile:

Thanks mate and yeah have to agree this site is excellent, all the advise and explantions seem spot on inc companies to watch out for, enjoying the reading to.

Hey mate how did u get on with mid 4 at ctt ?