'Train The Trainer' Driver CPC

Good morning Guys,
Having had a recent promotion(i think)at work, i am now the Driver Trainer!!
I am booked in to do a Driver Assessors course in late March(Restrictions Pending) and i am doing my Train The Trainer DCPC in Feb(Online). Just looking to see if anyone on here has done it and has any tips for me before my training starts.
Oh and i still need to Pass my Class 1 when my Retest can be sorted!! Bloody Lockdown :unamused:

Thanks in Advance

Congratulations on the promotion!

If I can help with anything, just pm me.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulations on the promotion!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

At first it might be a bit overwhelming, but stick with it and you will start to enjoy it.
One thing to bear in mind is that people don’t know as much as you think they know. The thing that was off putting to me at first was thinking I will never know as much as these guys. The more you deliver the courses the easier it will become.
If you need any help you can message me too.
Good luck with it all,
Paul

Paul@PSTT:
At first it might be a bit overwhelming, but stick with it and you will start to enjoy it.
One thing to bear in mind is that people don’t know as much as you think they know. The thing that was off putting to me at first was thinking I will never know as much as these guys. The more you deliver the courses the easier it will become.
If you need any help you can message me too.
Good luck with it all,
Paul

Thank you for your help, and info.
I start the course next week do I’ll let you know how I get on

There are many different Train The Trainer courses, so it’s not really possible for a single recommendation to mean anything really. If you can get your hands on a copy of an educational primer such as The Award in Education and Training by Ann Gravells, that will show you the kind of thing you’ll be covering.

None of the TTT I’ve seen advertised offer DCPC hours, the two things would not be compatible, DCPC is all about the timings (as far as the JAUPT assessors are concerned) and several days of Train the Trainer doesn’t lend itself to going by the Jaupt clock.

Or did you mean you’re doing TTT in order to deliver DCPC? In which case, does the company already have courses which are approved (best for you) or are you going to have to do that from scratch (lots of work involved there).

Zac_A:
There are many different Train The Trainer courses, so it’s not really possible for a single recommendation to mean anything really. If you can get your hands on a copy of an educational primer such as The Award in Education and Training by Ann Gravells, that will show you the kind of thing you’ll be covering.

None of the TTT I’ve seen advertised offer DCPC hours, the two things would not be compatible, DCPC is all about the timings (as far as the JAUPT assessors are concerned) and several days of Train the Trainer doesn’t lend itself to going by the Jaupt clock.

Or did you mean you’re doing TTT in order to deliver DCPC? In which case, does the company already have courses which are approved (best for you) or are you going to have to do that from scratch (lots of work involved there).

Good Morning,
So i will be doing ‘TTT’ to be able to deliver DCPC classes in house with our drivers. Our old driver trainer left the company back in Novemeber and he used to deliver our classes, so i guess the company already have courses in place.
The FTA(Logistics UK) will be delivering my training online, so i am hoping everything i need to be able to deliver theses classes myself will be covered in the 5 days of online training i’m getting.

God, how I’d hate to be a driver trainer.
Then again I am not a people person.

Goodluck regardless.

Best of luck with it.

Apart from what they teach you on the course (it’s Logistics UK now, no longer FTA) you’ll need to bone up on tons of legal stuff in your own time - five days in the classroom will be just the beginning of it.

As far as courses at your company, you need to take an active part in this, don’t leave it to chance, you need to find out if any need to be renewed - the Jaupt approval only lasts 12 months. If they need reapproval, do YOU need to do it or someone in the office? There’s lots of bureaucracy to deal with, Jaupt are really picky and will bounce an application back to you if you fail to tick the right boxes.

How did your first day of training go Phil?
Hope you’ve enjoyed it so far, remember the first few days are normally the ones that make you think you’ll never get it. Then it will all start to fall in to place as the week goes on. Good luck :smiley:

Paul@PSTT:
How did your first day of training go Phil?
Hope you’ve enjoyed it so far, remember the first few days are normally the ones that make you think you’ll never get it. Then it will all start to fall in to place as the week goes on. Good luck :smiley:

Thanks for asking Paul, all finished today. It went really well thank you. Bit tricky doing the ‘30 minute’ micro teach online, especially when I was presenting to one other person, but did it great. No probs with the multiple choice questions either.
Just looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Great news, what did you do the micro teach on? I did mine on growing a chilli plant, lol.
I actually met a guy that was on the same course about 6 years later and he still planted chillis from the seeds from the first one :laughing:

Paul@PSTT:
Great news, what did you do the micro teach on? I did mine on growing a chilli plant, lol.
I actually met a guy that was on the same course about 6 years later and he still planted chillis from the seeds from the first one :laughing:

Haha, I did it on ‘Bridge Strikes’. Seems to be a common theme around our gaff at the moment, so it was easy enough on that