Trailers

Forgetting about the present climate, i’m considering buyin my own tri axle curtainsider. Refurbed, under 14’ tall. At the moment i pay £85 a week hire charges. This is not about saving money. Any one got any thoughts? And off the back of that, anyone got an opinion on who’s 2nd hand trailers will of been treated reasonably well?

go and get yourself an ex eddie stobart trailer they have been worked but not abused

HIGH FLYER:
go and get yourself an ex eddie stobart trailer they have been worked but not abused

Thats what i wanted to hear. Thank you.

my best advise is dont buy anything from ATE at bruntingthorpe.
Promise everything, deliver late, and then expect you to run out on bald tyres with a freshly refurb’d trailer.

Yeah right, my comments are not printable on this forum, as you can imagine.

HIGH FLYER:

you want to speak to SDC Trailers in Mansfield then :slight_smile:

they have the majority of the Stobart old fleet.

sdctrailers.com/used-trailer … ers_uk.php

sdctrailers.com/used-trailer … usedid=908

looks in good nick for just under 7 grand

Wrong colour. :wink: :laughing:

well, how about this one, they will refurb it in whatever colour you wish

sdctrailers.com/used-trailer … usedid=885

shuttlespanker:

thats expensive for a 1999 trailer, the refurb will not be included in that cost I wouldn’t have thought

MR VAIN:

you could get mr vain done in blue? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Giblsa:

MR VAIN:

you could get mr vain done in blue? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Some how i don’t think Mr vain would look quite as well. :laughing: :laughing:

MR VAIN:
Some how i don’t think Mr vain would look quite as well. :laughing: :laughing:

it might suit him, at least it would look right for winter when he is cold in the mornings!!!

The repo man www.lombard.co.uk

do a search on trailers,the prices are very keen i think!

shuttlespanker:

It’s a bit tall really, unless you need as much as 9’6" of loading space you’re much better off with something smaller and lighter and more aerodynamic. This might not seem significant but CM did a feature on it a couple of weeks back and if I remember right their models suggested a 5% fuel saving on a 4.1m trailer compared to a 4.5m one which is obviously a worthwhile saving. Personally I wouldn’t go taller than 4.0m unless I had a specific need to.

Paul

the stobbies trailers are good ones althought when i used to pull the there was never any straps in them apart from 2 for strapping last 2 pallets, also the low ones with the et prefix the curtians only open from the front so if you want to tip of the side you have to open up the whole side.

HIGH FLYER:

You will find them next to DAF just off the A38 mansfield. At SDC’s yard.
They will re sheet them for you if you want.
They are good trailers, well looked after. We pull them out of there and take them to SDC at Toome northern ireland, they are better than our own.
I’ll get the lads number for you next time i’m in there.

Try my mate Dave at Tees Valley trailers he’s an ex owner driver, and canny bloke. http://www.teesvalleytrailers.com/ It’s a buyer’s market as you know.
He’s away till next week like.

just being nosey here but what is the life expectancy of an average curtainside trailer? i know it all depends if it has been maintained well and any damage but your average run of the mill curtainside thats been worked well but well maintained and any damage fixed as soon as possible?

£85pw for a rental trailer is way over the top in today’s climate… try nearer £70 (well that’s what my customers wish to pay anyway!)

Currently the company I work for have a some ex-rental trailers available for sale. If you are still in the market drop me a PM and i’ll see what is lying around stock wise.