trailer

Hello
Not been at it long,had to pick up a trailer,missed the pin smash there goes the back of the cab . What should i tell the boss.dont whant to look stupid thanks

shreck:
Hello
Not been at it long,had to pick up a trailer,missed the pin smash there goes the back of the cab . What should i tell the boss.dont whant to look stupid thanks

The truth, not looking stupid is now behind you. (so to speak…)

Back of cab? Lol… U mean maybe a light cluster?

I’d start by telling him the truth, or you could blame it on someone else as most do…

Only person I ever see getting out to ‘present’ the unit to fifth wheel in Scotland so far is myself. Most of the others are to pro to check or lazy/fat etc

The truth as a lie could cost you your job where as the truth may get you in some trouble but these things happen , both an experienced driver and the fitter at my place did the same within 2 weeks but they’re still there bar a good telling off from boss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just tell the truth. Explain what happened and admit what you did wrong/didn’t do/should have done (there must be something otherwise it wouldn’t have happened). Telling the truth will most likely get you a bollocking. Lying could cost you your job.

Except for the entertainment value on here,what else could you say,except the truth.On that note exactly what level of the definition of ‘smash’ :open_mouth: are you talking about which at least will provide an idea of the speed involved regards the aforementioned entertainment value.:smiling_imp: :laughing:

Ryy86:

I’d start by telling him the truth, or you could blame it on someone else as most do…

Only person I ever see getting out to ‘present’ the unit to fifth wheel in Scotland so far is myself. Most of the others are to pro to check or lazy/fat etc

My fifth wheel is attached to the unit all the time so i dont need to present it to it.

Photos of any damage are mandatory for this type of post :wink:

shreck:
Hello

Depends on whether you’d rather be sacked for being honest or dishonest.
Although to be fair, most employers know ■■■■ happens, and honesty just might keep you in employment. Don’t make a habit of it though!

shreck:
Hello

Really ! Did you take a run at it ?

Colin_scottish:

Ryy86:

My fifth wheel is attached to the unit all the time so i dont need to present it to it.

Boom …

smart arse you know what I meant, the pin. I bet your arse is welded to your seat during coupling aswell.

If in doubt get out bro and this wouldn’t have happened. That’s the only reason it did

Munchkin:

shreck:
Hello

Really ! Did you take a run at it ?

Just what I was thinking :unamused:

We have all done it, but, the best way to try and stop it happening again, is turn the radio off, keep your eye on the trailer, listen for the click :wink:

Obviously, if the trailer is getting close without any clicking, you have a potential problem…STOP, get out and check …

Ryy86:

Colin_scottish:

Ryy86:

Boom …

smart arse you know what I meant, the pin. I bet your arse is welded to your seat during coupling aswell.

No because the suzies wont connect them selfs to the trailer.I do get out and check i pull a fridge so have to split couple.

When you do tell ur boss, also explain to him what you would do in the future to avoid another missed pin incident. Learning from your mistakes and all that.
Good luck.

Tell the truth. I always find it knocks the boss for 6, as 9/10 drivers think they’re perfect and blame their mistakes on anyone and everything they can. The truth in road haulage is a rare beast, and often diffuses the situation. Don’t forget, unless you work for a multi national, your boss will have a vast amount of experience over you, and chances are he will know exactly how you’ve done something before you open your mouth. They often see a lie as an insult to their intelligence

Thank you all very much. I told him the truth, and he was pixxed of but he said thank you for doing the right thing and putting my hands up.still got a job :laughing:

Ryy86:

I.ve seen a few people hit the back of the cab with the trailer headboard when they have gone over the pin so he could well mean the back of the cab

Well that’s good. Truth is always better. But come on, now tell us all what story you were going to tell if you decided to not be honest… Please

shreck:
Thank you all very much. I told him the truth, and he was pixxed of but he said thank you for doing the right thing and putting my hands up.still got a job :laughing:

This forum really needs a “thumbs up” emoji.

[emoji106]
Like this!