Trailer wrapping

Has anyone got a suggestion or someone they would recommend for a trailer wrap? Box trailer, of course, but mainly it’s the colour rather than particularly complex graphics

I know Stobarts ended up wrapping instead of painting all their stuff so it must be available somewhere

The trailer is Surrey way if that helps?

TIA

Compared to painting, wrapping is expensive. Its advantage is in the ease of removal at time of disposal and relative ease of applying complex graphics.

Wife has been doing this since the early 1990s.

Not going to be wrapping a trailer, the wrapping material needs to be heated to 90C to fix it’s shape.

It’s going to be vinyl graphics, printing whatever you want on vinyl with large format printers or if it’s just a single colour, buying it and applying it straight off the roll.

Stobarts wrap their units because of the complex shapes but you’ll notice they only do specific panels, not the full vehicle, they use the printed vinyl for the trailers because it’s flat surface. Basically for the trailers any sign company that does vehicles can do it. Prep work needs to be done to get a surface like you would for painting as any imperfections will show up like a sore thumb.

Which ever way you do usually has to be done twice, once with what you’re wanting and then with a second clear UV protective layer. If you don’t, unless you’re using straight off the roll with no printing then it’ll fade to holy hell quite quickly, even with the UV protection you’re only guaranteed 5 years.

Conor:
Wife has been doing this since the early 1990s.

Not going to be wrapping a trailer, the wrapping material needs to be heated to 90C to fix it’s shape.

It’s going to be vinyl graphics, printing whatever you want on vinyl with large format printers or if it’s just a single colour, buying it and applying it straight off the roll.

Stobarts wrap their units because of the complex shapes but you’ll notice they only do specific panels, not the full vehicle, they use the printed vinyl for the trailers because it’s flat surface. Basically for the trailers any sign company that does vehicles can do it. Prep work needs to be done to get a surface like you would for painting as any imperfections will show up like a sore thumb.

Which ever way you do usually has to be done twice, once with what you’re wanting and then with a second clear UV protective layer. If you don’t, unless you’re using straight off the roll with no printing then it’ll fade to holy hell quite quickly, even with the UV protection you’re only guaranteed 5 years.

Colour change straight from the roll doesn’t need laminating with clear/protective overlay, printed drops will but this is done before fitting, through a special laminating roller. Good wrapping vinyl will conform to most complex shapes, a lot depends on the experience of the fitter and the post heating, which is where the 90 degree thing comes into it. I wrapped a trailer side a few years ago for a promotion, it’s a 2-3 man job, and I can imagine the price to be more than a paint job but that’s just my guess.