Trailer without test

Hi

Delivered goods using someone else trailer, found out test just expired.
What should I do, should I return trailer back and who is responsible and what is consensuses in case stopping by dsva for inspection?

msp:
Hi

Delivered goods using someone else trailer, found out test just expired.
What should I do, should I return trailer back and who is responsible and what is consensuses in case stopping by dsva for inspection?

The owner/operator is responsible for MOT ing the trailer. Its your responsibility to check its MOT before use.
In the case of a DVSA stop/inspection i’d expect you’d be paying a fine for no MOT. And of course it would also show a failing in your pre use inspection regime and the trailer owners maintainance regime. Not good !!!

rip the plate off tear it up and plead you checked In the office who said a replacement was on the way :wink: then get it parked up asap .

SORRY but did you not “find out” before you took it, ie WALK ROUND CHECKS MY FRIEND, VOSA VOSA VOSA

How do you know the trailer has no mot? the only thing you are checking is the displayed mot disc, could the new one not yet be fitted?

Moose:
How do you know the trailer has no mot? the only thing you are checking is the displayed mot disc, could the new one not yet be fitted?

That’s why you check with the office, if they confirm that it’s MOT’d, write down the name of the person that you spoke to on your check sheet & you are covered. I also push them to get the disc attached asap as well, when I get back in the yard.